On September 17th – 20th, 2016, Zornitsa Stoyanova will re-mount her solo multimedia performance Explicit Female as part of The Fringe Festival at Vox Populi Aux Performance Space, 319 N 11th St., 3rd floor, Philadelphia, PA. Tickets will be sold online through the FringeArts website and at the door $20 general admission and $15 discounted.
Explicit Female is an immersion into the female body. Featuring personal narratives, custom designed lighting and live feed special effects; it aims to process the mystery of the shapeshifting form half of the world resides in. It abstracts the flesh, disassembling and assembling the human, the female, and the mother. Casual, yet intimate, the performance strives to connect deeply and kinesthetically to the viewers, at times asking them to participate in the very creation of the event itself.
Known as a choreographer in Philadelphia, since the birth of her son Zornitsa has primarily worked with photography and film. An extension of her visual art, Explicit Female is the first evening length work since 2013 and was created during Zornitsa’s artist residency at Fidget Space 2015-2016.
*Explicit Female contains nudity and graphic language and might not be suitable for children.
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019
- Philadelphia hip-hop legend Rennie Harris’ new work Funkedified, June 7-8 - May 7, 2019