About The Dance Journal
Published under the auspices of PhiladelphiaDANCE.org, The Dance Journal seeks to provide an outlet for writing on a range of topics that encompass the ever growing and emerging dance community in the greater Philadelphia region. The primary goal of The Dance Journal is to develop new audiences for dance, strengthen existing ones, and provide a flow of information on key topics such as education and advocacy that effect dance and the performing arts.
Since its inception in 2006, The Dance Journal has grown to reach regional, national and even international audiences with over 51,000 unique hits per month. We publish previews, features, interviews, press releases and critical thinking pieces that are of interest not only to the dance community but the general public as well. Contributors to The Dance Journal include professional journalists, full time bloggers, members of the dance community, students looking to develop their journalistic craft and even non-dancers who want to try their hand at writing. As part of its core philosophy, The Dance Journal encourages the submission of original material as a way to energize audiences and create a public forum for dance in the greater Philadelphia region.
We accept most submissions in order to encourage participation and engagement. However, The Dance Journal reserves the right to edit and if need be reject submissions that do not meet our general guidelines and editorial standards.
- All materials should be sent via email to email@example.com
- The subject line of your email MUST state for inclusion in The Dance Journal.
- We accept dance stories, news articles, press releases, company updates and news, artist updates and even dance photos.
- Material should be relevant to the area we serve – the greater Philadelphia region. (Sorry, we do not cover New Jersey or Delaware companies or performances.)
- Only original material sent by the author will be accepted. Third party submissions or re-posts are not permitted. Photos accompanying an article must be fully credited.
- Photos should be 72dpi and 922px wide x 397px high. Images not in proportion should be reduced and centered on white background as specified above.
Paid & Featured Writers
As a general rule, financial compensation is not offered for one-off submissions to The Dance Journal. We do hire select authors to write independent reviews and feature articles on a regular basis. For more information, please click here
Published work is distributed extensively through our social media network and eNewsletters. It is also made available with corresponding credits on other arts-related blogs as well as through Repost and various media wires.
Please see our rates and terms at https://philadelphiadance.org/dancejournal/sponsored-posts/
To Advertise With Us, please visit – https://philadelphiadance.org/dancejournal/advertise-with-us/