ONLINE – Tango Technique for Individuals w. Andres Amarilla
September 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until October 1, 2020
This fast-paced class is appropriate for students at all levels. We have new beginners, as well as seasoned dancers, taking part.
We use individual exercises to explore and improve a range of tango elements and techniques:
* Walking, pivots, balance, use of the free leg, technique for turns
* Structure, line of dance (even if you’re in a tiny space), memorizing common ways of linking tango movements
* Common steps and sequences of steps
Please have available:
* tango shoes, other dance shoes, or socks
* a theraband, yoga strap or scarf
* a wooden dowel, broom stick handle or other kind of stick
* an area with a smooth floor where you can dance (i.e. where you can pivot comfortably)
(If you don’t have some of these, please come to class anyways!)
All of us tend to be sitting more than we used to, so this class aims to get your blood moving and leave you with the feeling of having completed a tango workout.
Imagine how fantastic our balance is going to be after all these months of dancing alone!
Use link to register in advance. Make sure you have Zoom installed and updated. You will receive the Zoom login information in the hour before class starts.