- This event has passed.
Milonga Arrabal Renewal Edition
April 9 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm$25.00
MILONGA ARRABAL “RENEWAL” EDITION
Milonga Arrabal is back, at a special day and time, and with special guests! Amazing Zoya Altmark returns to Arrabal with her partner Anton Domansky, 2021 US Stage Tango Champion, to celebrate the grand reopening with us in high style. Hosted by Pierre and Margaret
• Dancing to enchanting music by guest dj Zoya Altmark
• Performance by Zoya and Anton
• Light snacks and refreshments, “Renewal” punch
Join us and dance tango in the warm (and cool) spirit of Milonga Arrabal—again!
In addition to being great dancers, Zoya Altmark and Anton Domansky are very friendly and generous teachers. They will share their knowledge in 2 fantastic workshops before Milonga Arrabal:
• 4:00-4:45pm TANGO DRILLS AND BODY CONDITIONING
Improve your footwork, body isolation, balance and conditioning through valuable drills you can practice afterwards at home to develop the control and strength needed for beautifully executed movement. For leaders and followers, working solo, no partner required.
• 4:45-5:30pm PLAYFUL COMBINATIONS FOR TIGHT SPACES – INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED
Working in couples, add fluency to your tango with fun combinations and dance phrases based on elements explored in the first workshop. No partner required. Singles will rotate, with Zoya and Anton circulating as needed to keep leader/follower balance. Rotation optional for couples.
$25 single workshop
$45 for both
Reserve your workshop space today by contacting Zoya at [email protected]
The CDC currently rates the covid-19 community level of Philadelphia and all surrounding counties as “low.” We will enjoy this Milonga Arrabal with maximum peace of mind by following the steps below:
1) VACCINATION IS REQUIRED
All attendees must show proof of full vaccination and ID at the door. Full vaccination means 2 shots of Pfizer or Moderna, or 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson.
2) A RAPID TEST IS RECOMMENDED; GET AN OPTIONAL “RAPID” WRISTBAND
Breakthrough infections among the vaccinated can still occur. To add an additional level of safety, we recommend that all attendees take a rapid test just before the milonga. Though not perfect, the rapid tests can detect the high levels of covid particles most likely to be infectious to others.
• Give yourself and others added reassurance by taking a rapid test in your car immediately before entering the milonga, when tests will be most helpful—or right before you leave the house.
• Bring the actual test showing a negative result to the check-in desk.
• Receive a distinctive “Rapid” wristband. The wristbands may provide helpful information to others as they choose partners according to their comfort level.
3) MASKS ARE OPTIONAL
Everyone should feel free to wear a mask for some or all of the milonga, as they choose.