- This event has passed.
Intermediate Tango | Philadelphia Argentine Tango School
January 7 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00 pm on Monday, repeating until May 21, 2019
A weekly drop-in class, offered by the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School.
At the intermediate level, we focus on:
* More refined technique for ochos, giros (turns), boleos, changes of direction, ganchos, and more
* Movements around the leader’s axis, around the follower’s axis, and around an invisible axis between the partners
* Refined musical awareness, including the differences between orchestras, and among tango, milonga and vals
* Musicality in terms of phrases, beats, and fractions of the beat
* Applications of these new steps and concepts which are safe on the social dance floor, and which feel comfortable to the partner
Students who attend the intermediate class are strongly encouraged to come earlier for the Tango Technique class (Mondays, 7-8 pm). We use the technique class to prepare for whatever technique or musicality challenges may be coming in the intermediate class.
Taught by Andres & Meredith or a guest instructor-in-residence
For details on upcoming instructors-in-residence, please see http://www.philadelphiatangoschool.com.
$25 or use your class card