- This event has passed.
Beginner Tango – Start any week! Just $10! | Philadelphia Argentine Tango School
April 18 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until May 16, 2019
The Philadelphia Argentine Tango School’s weekly beginner class is structured to make it super-easy and fun to start learning tango. You may drop in to start learning any week. No partner is required, as we switch partners throughout the class. Students should plan to attend the class 8 times, before moving on to the next level.
$10 drop-in | $70 for 8-class card
Taught by: Kristin Balmer
At this level, we focus on:
* Improvisation with simple steps
* Familiarity with the basic step as a “road map” for dancing tango
* Basic technique for balance, walking, ochos and other simple steps
* An introduction to lead & follow
* An introduction to tango music & musicality
* An introduction to navigating the social dance floor
To read more about our curriculum, please see https://www.philadelphiatangoschool.com/curriculum