- This event has passed.
Advanced Beginner Tango | Philadelphia Argentine Tango School
March 28 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until May 16, 2019
Students may take the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School’s Advanced Beginner Class after completing 8 weeks of our Beginner Class, or our Two-Day Beginner Tango Intensive, or if they have equivalent experience. Students generally spend 8 weeks at the advanced beginner level, before moving on to our “intermediate” class.
At the Advanced Beginner level, we focus on:
* Slightly more complex steps and concepts for improvisation than at the beginner level
* Cross system, the cross basic step, ochos, and the sandwich
* Creating a comfortable, responsive and respectful embrace
* How the social dance floor works; how to be a good citizen there
* Confidence to try all of this on the social dance floor
Taught by Kristin Balmer
$12 class | $80 for 8-class card
For more information about our curriculum and pricing, please see: