[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Systems of Vitality: 4 week creative movement workshop with Shannon Murphy, William Robinson, and Sara Yassky

shannon murphy murphy.moves at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 11:43:11 EDT 2021

Join Shannon Murphy, William Robinson, and Sara Yassky for 4 weeks of
collective and collaborative body-based explorations in the practice of
noticing, sensing, moving, and becoming.
[image: phonto.jpeg]

*Systems of Vitality*

   - June 14 through July 7
   - Workshops are virtual Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6-8:30 pm
   EST (Although we ask that folks try to attend via zoom live, all
   workshops will be recorded and shared with participants for 6 weeks. )
   - Weekly Practice Prompts will be given each week. Practices can be done
   in person or virtual depending on location and comfort. Small groups will
   be determined and participants are expected to explore together 1-2 hours
   per week.

Each week we will focus on a different system of vitality in the collective
and politicized body, offering proposals and inquiries of how these systems
can support the possibilities of moving in complex and dynamic
relationships to ourselves and others. We will explore our interiors, the
interstice between one another, and the ecologies that shape us.

Systems Include

   - Heartbeat - rhythms, and responses
   -

   Breathing - exchange
   -

   Nervous System - engagement and connection
   -

   Digestion-  transformation

This workshop is for dancers, movers, artists, and any sensate bodies
interested in exploring movement and being from the inside out. There are
two ways to participate, join the workshop in its entirety or drop into
weekly Monday evening workshops.

Ways to Participate:

Track A: Participants sign up for the whole thing! Includes:

   -

   Session one: Monday 6–8:30 pm
   -

   Session two (just for Track A folks) Wednesday 6–8:30 pm
   -

   Practice groups 1-2 hrs per week
   -

   Podcasts and PDFs as weekly resource materials
   -

   Final wrap up (Time and Date TBA)

Payment:

   - $368 - Pay It Forward (This structure is 15% more than the cost of the
   tuition. Consider this payment if you are financially stable and can
   contribute financially towards another student who is not)
   -

   $320 - Full tuition
   -

   Supported tuition: please email guttubedance at gmail.com, and we will work
   with you.

Track B: Drop into Monday evening workshops. Payment: $35

Register here: https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/SMDNX48

Shannon Murphy is dance artist, educator and Franklin Method practitioner
whose movement practices illuminate interdependent connectivity with
others. As an adjunct professor she works at Stockton University and
University of the Arts where she is the Curricular Head of Body Pathways.
She has performed and created alongside my Philadelphia based artists.
Currently Shannon leads an improvisational performance practice, Dark Moon.
William Robinson is a dance artist, educator and small business owner based
in Philadelphia PA. Currently William is an adjunct professor of dance at
Georgian Court University, and works professionally in projects led by
Silvana Cardell, Shannon Murphy, and Jumatatu Poe.

Sara Yassky is a white, queer, non-binary dance artist, somatic
psychotherapist, politicized healing practitioner and bodyworker in
Philadelphia. They have collaborated nationally on creative practice,
research and performance for the past 20 years,. Currently Sara holds a
private somatic therapy practice for queer and tgnc folks, teaches somatic
workshops wtih a focus of reslience and trauma, and studies practices of
touch and aliveness.

For more information visit: www.shannonmurphydance.com
--
Shannon Murphy