The Dance Journal gets numerous requests for reviews of dance performances each month. Unfortunately, it is impossible for us to cover everything because of time and budget restrictions. Our authors are paid for their writing and so there is an approval process they go through before any performance is accepted for review.
Here are some guidelines as to how to have us consider your performance for review …
1. The dance performance should occur in the greater Philadelphia region (all 5 counties + Lehigh Valley). Sorry, we do not cover New Jersey or Delaware.
2. Performance should be listed at least 30 days in advance on the Philadelphia Dance Calendar. Listings are FREE and our authors generally choose shows from what is listed there. Plus, it is good advertising for your performance.
3. A Press Release should be sent 3-4 weeks in advance about your performance to firstname.lastname@example.org In some cases, where we can not send a reviewer to a performance, we may publish the press release or even use it as a preview. Be sure we have a photo with the release (.jpg or .gif)!
4. Be sure you are willing to offer a comp ticket to our reviewer. Because of budget constraints, we can not purchase tickets for our writers or expect them to pay their own way. A comp ticket does not guarantee in anyway the content of the review!
5. Requests for reviews should not be made directly to Dance Journal writers but should be sent to email@example.com. Getting your friend, colleague or student, that writes for us, to review you is NOT what we are all about.
Any other questions or concerns, email to firstname.lastname@example.org