The Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts presents Pam Tanowitz Dance, streamed live from the Annenberg Center on Thursday, October 15 at 7 PM. The critically acclaimed Pam Tanowitz Dance makes its Philadelphia debut with four dancers in two works that illustrate her flair for taking classical movement and turning it on its head in a beautiful interplay of rhythm, style and idiosyncrasy.
The program contains two works, Gustave Le Gray, No. 2, with choreography by Pam Tanowitz, set to a recording of music composed by Caroline Shaw and performed by Amy Yang, costume design by Reid Bartelme and Harriet Jung; and the world premiere of Annenberg Solos: Sites 1-4. Dancers are Jason Collins, Christine Flores, Zachary Gonder, and Victor Lozano. A live Q&A, incorporating questions from the audience, will be included in the show.
Pam Tanowitz Dance unites choreographer Pam Tanowitz with a company of world-class dance artists and renowned collaborators in all disciplines. Since the company was founded in 2002, Pam Tanowitz Dance has received commissions and residencies at The Joyce Theater, Bard SummerScape Festival, London’s Barbican Centre, New York Live Arts, The Guggenheim Museum’s Works & Process series, Dance Theater Workshop, Danspace Project, Lincoln Center Out of Doors, Lincoln Center’s White Lights Festival, UCLA, Chicago Dancing Festival, Baryshnikov Arts Center and Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival. Pam Tanowitz Dance has been selected by The New York Times’ Best of Dance series in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Her 2018 work Four Quartets was on the Best Dance Shows of 2019 and Best of 2019 lists for The Guardian and ArtsDesk, respectively, and was also the 2019 entry for London’s The Sunday Times’ Best by Decade dance list.
Pam Tanowitz Dance
Thursday, October 15, 7 PM
Gustave Le Gray, No. 2
Choreography Pam Tanowitz
Music Gustave Le Gray composed by Caroline Shaw, performed by Amy Yang
Costume Design Reid Bartelme, Harriet Jung
Dancers Jason Collins, Christine Flores, Zachary Gonder, Victor Lozano
Annenberg Solos: Sites 1-4 – World premiere
Visit AnnenbergCenter.org to purchase access to this show until 7:30 PM on October 15. The performance may be watched live at 7 PM on October 15 to participate in the chat and artist Q&A. It will be available on-demand to ticketholders through October 17. https://annenbergcenter.org/
- Pennsylvania Ballet Launches Fall Digital Season - October 29, 2020
- PDP Presents Christopher Williams’ Informance, Nov 11 - October 26, 2020
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020