KYL/D announced an exciting new twist on one of the Philadelphia dance scene’s favorite curated live art events. INHALE ON CAMERA will showcase dance and artistic visions made for the screen. On Saturday, October 24th, audiences will be treated to incredible art films and visual art, projected in KYL/D’s dance center in a safe, socially distanced environment. Attendees are encouraged to go solo, grab a buddy, or organize a fun, small group outing! All tickets will be timed, with reservations highly recommended, in order to maintain small groups well within the health and safety guidelines of the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the C.D.C. The program, approximately 45 minutes in length, will be presented multiple times throughout the course of the day, with projections of works by visual artists shown between screenings for audience members to enjoy and even purchase.
As they approach the entryway, a vibrant mosaic wall created by Isaiah Zagar, art-seekers will be met by members of the KYL/D artistic family, who will monitor appropriately spaced entry times, take temperature checks and provide accommodations. Once inside, audience members will enjoy a curated wave of dance/art films and visual art. With a nod to the experience of a drive-through indie movie, minus the exhaust fumes of course, socially distanced parties and individuals will have the choice to stand or sit as they enjoy the featured films and artwork. The collection of works will be playing on a loop, so no matter the entry time, each person will have the opportunity to witness the entire body of selected films. While there is no official beginning or end, allowing viewers to come and go within their timed ticket parameters, the works will be presented in a sequence which elevates the experience of the works as a whole and highlights and celebrates the differences between all of the artists and their works.
The Inhale on Camera event will mark the 44th incarnation of the Inhale Performance Series. As an, “In Real Life,” (IRL) event and a part of KYL/D’s company programming, INHALE ON CAMERA will be an exciting new way to get out and about safely and witness works by and incredible roster of movement and visual artists, while supporting ongoing programming for dance in Philadelphia. Come for the experience and see what inspires you!
INHALE ON CAMERA
October 24, 2020 from 2:00-8:30p
1316 S 9th Street Philadelphia, PA 19147
Suggested Donation: $5-$15 sliding scale
Information & Reservations: kyld.org/inhale
- Pennsylvania Ballet Launches Fall Digital Season - October 29, 2020
- PDP Presents Christopher Williams’ Informance, Nov 11 - October 26, 2020
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020