BalletX, led by Artistic & Executive Director Christine Cox, is pleased to welcome Independence Foundation Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux to the roster at an exciting time as the company prepares to celebrate its 15th Anniversary Season in 2020-21. Shawn comes to BalletX from Point Park University in Pittsburgh, with a concentration in Modern Dance. The community is invited to get acquainted with Shawn via Instagram Live @balletx.official on Thursday, June 25 at 12:00pm EST, when he will participate in a BalletX Lunch Break virtual chat with Christine Cox.
“BalletX launched our Dance Fellowship a year ago for precisely a dancer of Shawn’s extraordinary talent. Expressive, intelligent, and incredibly dedicated, Shawn will train and rehearse alongside the company. We look forward to working with him,” says Cox.
Shawn Cusseaux attended Pinellas County Center for the Arts at Gibbs High School in St. Petersburg, Florida before attending Point Park University in Pittsburgh, with a concentration in Modern Dance. While at Point Park, he studied under Caitlyn Scranton, Susan Stowe, Jason McDole, among others. He received additional training with MOVE (NYC) S.W.E.A.T, Alonzo King Lines Ballet, Miami City Ballet, Next Generation Ballet, and Complexions Contemporary Ballet. He is also skilled in West African Dance. His performances include Into the Light (Soloist) choreographed by Jae Man Jo; The Art of War (Soloist) choreographed by Edwaard Liang; Missa Brevis choreographed by Jose Limon, staged by Jennifer Scanlan; Orenda choreographed by Jennifer Archibald; Traverse choreographed by Garfield Lemonius; Cadences (Soloist) choreographed by Amy Hall Garner; (Count)er Counterpoint choreographed by Arturo Fernandez; Carmic Variations choreographed by Jason Mcdole; Glasnov (soloist) staged by Suzanne Stowe; and Casita choreographed by Robert Priorie; as well as Summer Season performances with Texture Contemporary Ballet Company and guest appearances with Ballet Nova and Pittsburgh Ballet House. 2020-21 marks his first season as a Dance Fellow with BalletX, supported by a grant from the Independence Foundation.
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020