ZoomDance has been empowering kids with creativity, curiosity, and confidence for 12 years! During these trying times, ZoomDance is offering new virtual classes to encourage kids to stay active and give them the means to connect to other kids and express themselves from home. This program supports child development both physically and mentally, while they may be missing these things during school and community center closures. These offerings (based around a different theme each week) are fully interactive, where the instructor can see each individual dancer to offer personalized support. They employ an incredible team of engaging and effective teachers to lead these action-adventure story-telling movement classes including company founder, Sarah Gladwin Camp, and professional artists Ashley DeMain, Marissa Barnathan, Rachel Camp, Kelly Filios, Mallory Cohen, and Grayce Hoffman.
Class offerings include mixed-age classes for 2-7 year olds centered around a new theme each week (such as “Sneaky Monsters,” “Superhero Rescue Mission,” or “Great Unicorn Search”), ZoomBallet classes for ages 3-9 years in which the dancers learn choreography in a smaller group, and ZoomDance BOOST where the teachers lead songs, stretches, and games with a focus on supporting caregivers in new ways to interact with their toddlers. They also have short bedtime stories available via Facebook and Instagram live at 7 pm every weeknight.
All sessions are FREE or sliding scale to make them accessible to as many families as possible.
So far, programming has been inspiring kids and relieving parents across the region. At the end of each week, ZoomDance instructors offer suggestions for activities and books in line with the week’s theme to keep the fun going at home. The circumstances of the world right now can be difficult for humans of any age to process, and ZoomDance is here to help provide little ones with a safe space for emotional expression.
Register to experience the fun for you and your family at www.zoomdance.com
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020
- jumatatu m. poe receives 2020 Creative Capital Award - February 18, 2020