ZoomDance has been empowering kids with creativity, curiosity, and confidence for 12 years! During these trying times, ZoomDance is offering new virtual classes to encourage kids to stay active and give them the means to connect to other kids and express themselves from home. This program supports child development both physically and mentally, while they may be missing these things during school and community center closures. These offerings (based around a different theme each week) are fully interactive, where the instructor can see each individual dancer to offer personalized support. They employ an incredible team of engaging and effective teachers to lead these action-adventure story-telling movement classes including company founder, Sarah Gladwin Camp, and professional artists Ashley DeMain, Marissa Barnathan, Rachel Camp, Kelly Filios, Mallory Cohen, and Grayce Hoffman.
Class offerings include mixed-age classes for 2-7 year olds centered around a new theme each week (such as “Sneaky Monsters,” “Superhero Rescue Mission,” or “Great Unicorn Search”), ZoomBallet classes for ages 3-9 years in which the dancers learn choreography in a smaller group, and ZoomDance BOOST where the teachers lead songs, stretches, and games with a focus on supporting caregivers in new ways to interact with their toddlers. They also have short bedtime stories available via Facebook and Instagram live at 7 pm every weeknight.
All sessions are FREE or sliding scale to make them accessible to as many families as possible.
So far, programming has been inspiring kids and relieving parents across the region. At the end of each week, ZoomDance instructors offer suggestions for activities and books in line with the week’s theme to keep the fun going at home. The circumstances of the world right now can be difficult for humans of any age to process, and ZoomDance is here to help provide little ones with a safe space for emotional expression.
Register to experience the fun for you and your family at www.zoomdance.com
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020