Stuck at home and practicing social distancing during these difficult times?
PhiladelphiaDANCE.org brings you SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival.
Create a solo dance up to 3 minutes in length in any genre to be featured on the Dance Journal and shared with our dance community.
Open to all members of the PhiladelphiaDANCE Community – must reside in the greater Philadelphia region (all five counties and center city) or Lehigh Valley region.
Must be at least 18 years of age to enter the contest.
New solo work created during the quarantine is preferred.
Create your video and upload it to YouTube (preferred) or Vimeo. Be sure it can be publicly shared.
Then simply submit using the form below.
Winners will be selected weekly and video posted to the Dance Journal. Enter as often as you like.
Each week one winner will be randomly selected (using random.org) from the pool of entries that week. The winner is NOT selected based on the merit of the work. All decisions are final.
The selected weekly winner will receive $50 via PayPal (preferred) or check (postal mailed). All applicable state laws apply for contestant entries.
WINNER OF WEEK 1
Hand at the Museum
Choreography and composition by stb x at (Sean Thomas Boyt x Dr. Andy Thierauf)
WINNER OF WEEK 2
I put myself in a box now I don’t know how to get out
Performed and Edited by Amalia Colón-Nava
WINNER OF WEEK 3
birdskin performed by Leslie Bush
music by Henry Mancini
WINNER OF WEEK 4
Choreography, concertina, and video by Marina Kec
CONTEST HAS NOW CONCLUDED.
- An Afternoon’s Escape From Covid-19 With Nicole Burgio - October 19, 2020
- Does The Dance World’s Pivot To Virtual Need A Better Business Model? - October 15, 2020
- Trump Bans All Public Dance Performances - September 7, 2020
- More Stories From the Dance Front Lines – Checking Back In - July 25, 2020
- Editorial: The Looming Arts Crisis - July 21, 2020
- Are Dance Studios Opening Safely? - July 6, 2020
- Meg Foley named finalist in The National Dance Project (NDP) Grant - June 18, 2020
- Philadelphia City Council approved a preliminary budget that restores some funding back to the Cultural Fund - June 18, 2020
- Presenting Dance As We Consider Reopening Post-Pandemic - May 20, 2020
- Stories From The Dance Front Lines - May 13, 2020