ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers, Philadelphia’s homegrown dance company, is excited to present a newly choreographed dance collaboration in response to today’s new normal. Enjoy it virtually from your home at artist-house.org on Thursday, April 2 @ 12:30pm. Unlike presenting previously existing dance steps separately but in sync, the new CARRY ON dance was designed specifically to reflect attention to the medium of its presentation – boxes on your screen.
Different from dance on film, and reflecting a dire need to keep creating in these times, it is a statement to the public that we will get through this world tragedy. For the many who we’ve lost, are infected, are suffering and have been impacted we say: You are not alone. Connect to your global community and return to the joy of movement, through technology.
CARRY ON is a dance collaboration created specifically during and for the time of COVID-19. It is a response to the anxiety of uncertainty, isolation, the major economic drain and immediate shut down of arts opportunities worldwide. It is an anthem to the world to CARRY ON, encouragement and a boost in times of trouble.
ARTIST HOUSE/ Asya Zlatina + Dancers is a Philadelphia-based dance company, creating original choreography for both performance and every day environments. Touring nationally and abroad, they have been featured at a number of prestigious venues, including the Kennedy Center, The Jazz at Lincoln Center, New York City’s Battery Park Dance Festival, and at Romania’s International Yiddish Festival in Bucharest. Their work includes performance and special events, senior outreach, and now–online virtual dance classes. They have enjoyed participating in Koresh Dance Company’s Come Together Festival, the Philadelphia’s Fringe Festival, and the Philadelphia Convention Center.Their show, “BARRY: Mamaloshen in Dance!” was awarded “Best Dance Performance” from the World Heritage Cultural Center in 2017. Rehearsals are open to photographers and sketch artists.
View the performance online at https://www.artist-house.org/ on Thursday, April 2 at 12:30 pm.
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020