The Kimmel Center Cultural Campus presents world-renowned Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO in Verizon Hall on Saturday, March 12, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Now in its 60th year, the Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO (BFNM) reflects the work of Mexico’s leading researchers and practitioners of folklore, dance, music, and costumes. BFNM is an institution tasked with the dissemination, preservation, and promotion of the Culture of Mexico, both at home and abroad.
“Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO presents breathtaking performances that exhibit bold style through vibrant costuming and traditional movement,” said Anne Ewers, President and CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “We are pleased to introduce Philadelphia audiences to the magic of dance and breadth of cultural styles this company represents.”
In its long history, the BFNM has performed in over 40 countries and five continents, receiving numerous awards and prizes, as well as being designated an Ambassador of Mexican Culture. In addition to its international tours, the BFNM maintains residencies in Mexico City and Cancun.
BFNM features dances and choreographies that can be customized to the needs of each unique performance space. They have performed in traditional theater settings, as well as in stadiums, arenas, and parks. BFNM frequently performs for congresses, conventions, private events, and large events, with audiences that have included kings, princesses, presidents, prime ministers, and ambassadors from all around the world.
Previous significant tours and performances by BFNM include: The “El Grito” Mexican Independence Day Celebration at the Miller Outdoor Theatre and the Mexican Consulate of Houston, Texas in September 2016; a 60-day tour of France and Switzerland in 2011; a 75-day tour through the Netherlands and Belgium in 2009; and a performance as representatives of the American continent for the inauguration of the “Dubai Shopping Festival 2002,” upon the invitation of Mohamed Bin Rashid Al Maktum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates.
BFNM was featured in the original production of Xcaret Mexico Espectacular, which performed 365 days a year for nearly 20 years, with over 200 artists taking the stage throughout its run. The show was directed and choreographed entirely by Silvia Lozano, General Director and Choreographer of BFNM.
Silvia Lozano is one of the most distinguished artists internationally-recognized as a leading promoter of authentic Mexican folklore. Silvia has dedicated herself to sharing the beauty of music, dance, costumes, and Mexican traditions with people around the world.
Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO
Kimmel Center Cultural Campus’ Merriam Theater
March 12, 2020, 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now starting at $29.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999,
online at www.kimmelcenter.org, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office.
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020
- jumatatu m. poe receives 2020 Creative Capital Award - February 18, 2020
- Roger Lee Dance Company’s Spring Concert Series – Music – POSTPONED - February 17, 2020
- Foreign Tongues by Liquid Loft, March 11-12 - February 12, 2020
- Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO, March 12 - February 12, 2020