Opine Dance Film Festival is an annual event that celebrates dance film makers nationally and internationally who are creating work with meaning. March 20-21, 2020 will mark the 5th year of the festival, and the first year at Bryn Mawr College. An annual event that celebrates dance filmmakers nationally and internationally each season, the festival boasts both a professional ad- judicated program and student program.
From over 200 submissions, the festival team has curated 23 professional films and 15 student films, including some of the most innovative works of Screendance we have seen in our five years of curating. The films all speak to wider themes of identity, defying conventions, crossing borders, and pushing boundaries.
The professional program spans from 15 different countries, while the student program spans from 8 different countries, making the festival a widely international offering of dance film. The program prioritizes both inclusion and diversity through the marriage of dance and film, while also emphasizing the democratization of socioeconomic, political, and identity driven conversa- tions across cultures, contexts and locations.
Screened in a gallery format this season, films will be displayed on looped monitors inside the Carpenter Library (Level A) at Bryn Mawr College. This format allows us to increase audience accessibility, while also growing in the number of submissions we are able to select. The title of “Festival Favorite” will be awarded in the adjudicated program through voting by the audience.
5th Annual Opine Dance Film Festival
March 20 and 21, 2020
Carpenter Library (Level A), Bryn Mawr College
Library Hours: Friday, March 20, 8AM-8PM; Saturday, March 21, 10AM-8PM Tickets: FREE Event
Produced by: Britt Fishel and Artists in partnership with Bryn Mawr College Dance Program
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020