Opine Dance Film Festival is an annual event that celebrates dance film makers nationally and internationally who are creating work with meaning. March 20-21, 2020 will mark the 5th year of the festival, and the first year at Bryn Mawr College. An annual event that celebrates dance filmmakers nationally and internationally each season, the festival boasts both a professional ad- judicated program and student program.
From over 200 submissions, the festival team has curated 23 professional films and 15 student films, including some of the most innovative works of Screendance we have seen in our five years of curating. The films all speak to wider themes of identity, defying conventions, crossing borders, and pushing boundaries.
The professional program spans from 15 different countries, while the student program spans from 8 different countries, making the festival a widely international offering of dance film. The program prioritizes both inclusion and diversity through the marriage of dance and film, while also emphasizing the democratization of socioeconomic, political, and identity driven conversa- tions across cultures, contexts and locations.
Screened in a gallery format this season, films will be displayed on looped monitors inside the Carpenter Library (Level A) at Bryn Mawr College. This format allows us to increase audience accessibility, while also growing in the number of submissions we are able to select. The title of “Festival Favorite” will be awarded in the adjudicated program through voting by the audience.
5th Annual Opine Dance Film Festival
March 20 and 21, 2020
Carpenter Library (Level A), Bryn Mawr College
Library Hours: Friday, March 20, 8AM-8PM; Saturday, March 21, 10AM-8PM Tickets: FREE Event
Produced by: Britt Fishel and Artists in partnership with Bryn Mawr College Dance Program
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020