Opine Dance Film Festival is an annual event that celebrates dance film makers nationally and internationally who are creating work with meaning. March 20-21, 2020 will mark the 5th year of the festival, and the first year at Bryn Mawr College. An annual event that celebrates dance filmmakers nationally and internationally each season, the festival boasts both a professional ad- judicated program and student program.
From over 200 submissions, the festival team has curated 23 professional films and 15 student films, including some of the most innovative works of Screendance we have seen in our five years of curating. The films all speak to wider themes of identity, defying conventions, crossing borders, and pushing boundaries.
The professional program spans from 15 different countries, while the student program spans from 8 different countries, making the festival a widely international offering of dance film. The program prioritizes both inclusion and diversity through the marriage of dance and film, while also emphasizing the democratization of socioeconomic, political, and identity driven conversa- tions across cultures, contexts and locations.
Screened in a gallery format this season, films will be displayed on looped monitors inside the Carpenter Library (Level A) at Bryn Mawr College. This format allows us to increase audience accessibility, while also growing in the number of submissions we are able to select. The title of “Festival Favorite” will be awarded in the adjudicated program through voting by the audience.
5th Annual Opine Dance Film Festival
March 20 and 21, 2020
Carpenter Library (Level A), Bryn Mawr College
Library Hours: Friday, March 20, 8AM-8PM; Saturday, March 21, 10AM-8PM Tickets: FREE Event
Produced by: Britt Fishel and Artists in partnership with Bryn Mawr College Dance Program
- Roger Lee Dance Company’s Spring Concert Series – Music, March 27-28 - February 17, 2020
- Foreign Tongues by Liquid Loft, March 11-12 - February 12, 2020
- Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO, March 12 - February 12, 2020
- 5th Annual Opine Dance Film Festival, March 20 & 21 - February 11, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects’ DANCE UP CLOSE – Mazarick & Ramirez - January 28, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Ephrat Asherie, February 7-8 - January 22, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents Paul Taylor Dance Company, January 24-25 - January 17, 2020
- A multi-generational cast of women come together in HOMEbody, Feb 22 - January 10, 2020
- Cunningham opens in Philadelphia - January 9, 2020
- Soledad Barrio & Noche Flamenca Return to Philadelphia, Jan 15 – Feb 2 - January 9, 2020