Nickerson-Rossi Dance (NRD) presents a performance and educational series in Philadelphia, January 17th – 19th, 2020 at The Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine St, Philadelphia.
The series kicks off Friday, January 17th at 5pm with “Merde!” The Dance Makers Moment. With hundreds of applications from tri-state professional dance companies and choreographers, seven finalists were selected to compete for the audience’s vote to be the top pick of the night. The top artist will be commissioned to perform in NRD’s original program Palm Springs International Dance Festival 2021. Companies competing include 10 Hairy Legs, Ariel Rivka Dance Company, Yu.S. Artistry, Roxy Contemporary Ballet, Tristian Griffin Dance Company, Makens Move and the only Philadelphia based artist, Ann Corrao.
Saturday, January 18th at 7pm is NRD’s curated concert of professional dance. Companies and choreographers to be presented include Stephen Agisilaou of Vertical Shadows from Australia, Solo Artist Christian Denice from Chicago, and of course Michael Nickerson-Rossi Dance. The program will also feature performances by Pennsylvania Ballet II, Catherine Cabeen – HYPHEN, and 10 Hairy Legs.
Sunday, January 19th closes the series with the Education / Cultivation Student Showcase with a matinee at 4pm and evening performance at 6:30pm. Through this series, NRD provides a platform for pre-professional emerging talents.
All three days also include a comprehensive educational series including 10 master classes for dancers in high school, college, and professionals that are seeking network and continue their dance training. Instructors include professors at universities, like Vincent Thomas of Towson University and Danah Bella at the Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University, to Artistic Directors of dance companies like Nickerson-Rossi Dance’s Michael Nickerson-Rossi and Australian based artist Stephen Agisilaou of Vertical Shadows. NRD has offered programming and impacted over 3,400 students since 2013.
Information and tickets for all events are available online at https://www.nickersonrossidance.com/philadelphia
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020