Nickerson-Rossi Dance (NRD) presents a performance and educational series in Philadelphia, January 17th – 19th, 2020 at The Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine St, Philadelphia.
The series kicks off Friday, January 17th at 5pm with “Merde!” The Dance Makers Moment. With hundreds of applications from tri-state professional dance companies and choreographers, seven finalists were selected to compete for the audience’s vote to be the top pick of the night. The top artist will be commissioned to perform in NRD’s original program Palm Springs International Dance Festival 2021. Companies competing include 10 Hairy Legs, Ariel Rivka Dance Company, Yu.S. Artistry, Roxy Contemporary Ballet, Tristian Griffin Dance Company, Makens Move and the only Philadelphia based artist, Ann Corrao.
Saturday, January 18th at 7pm is NRD’s curated concert of professional dance. Companies and choreographers to be presented include Stephen Agisilaou of Vertical Shadows from Australia, Solo Artist Christian Denice from Chicago, and of course Michael Nickerson-Rossi Dance. The program will also feature performances by Pennsylvania Ballet II, Catherine Cabeen – HYPHEN, and 10 Hairy Legs.
Sunday, January 19th closes the series with the Education / Cultivation Student Showcase with a matinee at 4pm and evening performance at 6:30pm. Through this series, NRD provides a platform for pre-professional emerging talents.
All three days also include a comprehensive educational series including 10 master classes for dancers in high school, college, and professionals that are seeking network and continue their dance training. Instructors include professors at universities, like Vincent Thomas of Towson University and Danah Bella at the Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University, to Artistic Directors of dance companies like Nickerson-Rossi Dance’s Michael Nickerson-Rossi and Australian based artist Stephen Agisilaou of Vertical Shadows. NRD has offered programming and impacted over 3,400 students since 2013.
Information and tickets for all events are available online at https://www.nickersonrossidance.com/philadelphia
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020
- jumatatu m. poe receives 2020 Creative Capital Award - February 18, 2020
- Roger Lee Dance Company’s Spring Concert Series – Music – POSTPONED - February 17, 2020
- Foreign Tongues by Liquid Loft, March 11-12 - February 12, 2020
- Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO, March 12 - February 12, 2020