Project Moshen Dance Company has teamed up with the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) in an effort to raise funds, provide information and improve the lives of women affected by ovarian cancer.
Once again this December, Project Moshen Dance Company will produce a special one-night holiday production, Excerpts to benefit the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition(NOCC) on December 7, 2019, at 7:30 pm. The event will take place at the Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street in Philadelphia with an opening reception at 7:30 pm followed by a performance at 8:00 pm. Tickets are $25 online in advance and $30 at the door with student tickets at $20 with college ID day of show at the door. Proceeds from the evening will be given to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition.
According to Kelli Moshen, “”Excerpts, is very important and dear event to myself and Project Moshen as my mother, our biggest supporter, a year ago lost her battle to ovarian cancer. Only having nine months to fight, my family and I teamed up with the NOCC to help mend our broken hearts and help spread awareness to help those in need. This evening has been dedicated to my mom, Jodi Moshen, and other survivors, fighters, and families who have been in contact with ovarian cancer. Project Moshen’s mission along with the NOCC is to help start the conversation as it is never too early.” A highlight of the evening will be a piece choreographed by Kelli Moshen, “Remembering Jodi Moshen”, a tribute to her mother.
This special show will also include various works Project Moshen has produced over the years as well as new choreography. Project Moshen, an all-female jazz dance company directed by Philadelphia native and University of the Arts graduate, Kelli Moshen. Project Moshen, is Philadelphia’s only professional All-Female Non-Profit Dance Company, with the mission to educate, inspire, and empower girls & women everywhere. Project Moshen sets out to revive the style of jazz dance in Philadelphia, by producing modern-day shows that captivate audiences, along with education & community outreach initiatives to progress female empowerment.
Project Moshen dancers for the evening will be Jess Adams, Sofi Choinski, Colleen Dougherty, Olivia Mailey, Danielle McGilligan, Madison Miozi, Kelli Moshen, and Alex Monte Carlo. Also on the bill will be special guest performances by Koresh Youth Ensemble and Josh Culbreath.
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents Peter Pan, Nov 23-24 - October 7, 2019
- Perspectives A Presentation of New Work by Temple University Dance B.F.A. Seniors, Nov 22-23 - October 7, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - October 6, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 5, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Stars of American Ballet, Oct 18-19 - October 4, 2019