Project Moshen Dance Company has teamed up with the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) in an effort to raise funds, provide information and improve the lives of women affected by ovarian cancer.
Once again this December, Project Moshen Dance Company will produce a special one-night holiday production, Excerpts to benefit the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition(NOCC) on December 7, 2019, at 7:30 pm. The event will take place at the Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street in Philadelphia with an opening reception at 7:30 pm followed by a performance at 8:00 pm. Tickets are $25 online in advance and $30 at the door with student tickets at $20 with college ID day of show at the door. Proceeds from the evening will be given to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition.
According to Kelli Moshen, “”Excerpts, is very important and dear event to myself and Project Moshen as my mother, our biggest supporter, a year ago lost her battle to ovarian cancer. Only having nine months to fight, my family and I teamed up with the NOCC to help mend our broken hearts and help spread awareness to help those in need. This evening has been dedicated to my mom, Jodi Moshen, and other survivors, fighters, and families who have been in contact with ovarian cancer. Project Moshen’s mission along with the NOCC is to help start the conversation as it is never too early.” A highlight of the evening will be a piece choreographed by Kelli Moshen, “Remembering Jodi Moshen”, a tribute to her mother.
This special show will also include various works Project Moshen has produced over the years as well as new choreography. Project Moshen, an all-female jazz dance company directed by Philadelphia native and University of the Arts graduate, Kelli Moshen. Project Moshen, is Philadelphia’s only professional All-Female Non-Profit Dance Company, with the mission to educate, inspire, and empower girls & women everywhere. Project Moshen sets out to revive the style of jazz dance in Philadelphia, by producing modern-day shows that captivate audiences, along with education & community outreach initiatives to progress female empowerment.
Project Moshen dancers for the evening will be Jess Adams, Sofi Choinski, Colleen Dougherty, Olivia Mailey, Danielle McGilligan, Madison Miozi, Kelli Moshen, and Alex Monte Carlo. Also on the bill will be special guest performances by Koresh Youth Ensemble and Josh Culbreath.
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020