SHARP Dance Company, is pleased to announce their home season and revival performance of Aquarian Exposition: A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock. The performance, a celebration of the 50th anniversary of Woodstock features eight company dancers and a live singer and will take place November 1-3, 2019 at Christ Church Neighborhood House, 20 N. American Street, Philadelphia.
Originally debuting during the 2013 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA), “Aquarian Exposition” performed to sold-out houses and rave reviews. Aquarian Exposition: A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock taps into the spirit of love, acceptance and exploration that made the hippie movement one to transcend time. Audiences are encouraged to immerse themselves in the community experience by coming in their best hippie costume. There will be prizes for the “best dressed” audience member in hippie gear!
The program will also include Letters a world premiere collaborative piece with the company dancers and Artistic Director Diane Sharp-Nachsin. The night will also feature Reticent, a solo performed by Assistant Director and lead dancer Sandra Davis. This emotionally driven world premiere showcases Ms. Davis’s exquisite technique and celebrates her 10th anniversary with the company.
SHARP also invites children to join in the experience! Doors open for the Saturday 5 pm show at 4 PM for younger audience members to enjoy a tour of the theater, a meet and greet with the dancers, and the opportunity to make their own hippie accessory for their costume.
About SHARP Dance Company
SHARP strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind the movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance,…dance should be an experience.
Aquarian Exposition: A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock
SHARP Dance Company
November 1, 2019 – 8 PM
November 2, 2019 – 5 PM (4PM early opening for a Children’s tour)
November 3, 2019 – 3 PM (Q & A with the Company)
Christ Church Neighborhood House, 20 N. American Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Tickets available at http://www.sharpdance.org/SHARP_Dance_Company/Tickets.html
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- SUPPER, People on the Move! performed by the Cardell Dance Theater comes to Drexel, Nov 8-10 - October 9, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 7, 2019
- SHARP Dance Company takes A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock with their home season revival of Aquarian Exposition, Nov 1-3 - October 7, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Stars of American Ballet, Oct 18-19 - October 4, 2019
- Patawili creates a space for Filipino Philadelphians through dance, Oct 18 & 20 - October 4, 2019
- Get What You Need – a new city wide performance support platform for dance - October 3, 2019
- American Repertory Ballet names Ian Hussey as new Ballet Master - September 30, 2019
- Facing East presents its third year of collaboration with Riyaaz, Oct 11-12 - September 25, 2019