Metropolitan Ballet Company will present an exciting production of Peter Pan, a rollicking story ballet, brought to life with exuberant dancing, and magical costumes and sets.
Peter Pan will be performed in Metropolitan’s Family Concert Series on Saturday, November 23 at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm, and Sunday, November 24 at 1:00 and 4:00 pm at Abington Friends School’s Josephine Muller Theater, 575 Washington Lane, Jenkintown, PA 19046. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door; purchase online at www.metropolitanballetcompany.org or call 215-663-1665.
Metropolitan’s Peter Pan is choreographed by Kanji Segawa, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater company member, and a noted choreographer. Come along to Neverland for magical adventures with Peter Pan, the boy who won’t grow up! Wendy, John, and Michael Darling join Peter, soaring through the night sky to the land of mermaids and fairy dust. Peter’s sidekick, Tinkerbell, adds the extra sparkle on stage. In this classic tale by Scottish author J.M. Barrie, children discover what friendship and family are really all about.
Also, on the “bill” is The Ugly Duckling. Award-winning choreographer, Ashley Walton, updates the Hans Christian Andersen tale for a new generation. The Ugly Duckling is shunned by others who feel she is just too awkward to fit in. She tries to make friends with other ducklings, cats, a donkey, and even a fox! Follow her journey as she learns it takes courage to be yourself. Importantly, this piece shines a light on self-acceptance and empathy, leading to beautiful results.
“This is a wonderful way for families and schools to introduce children to dance, with fully-produced story ballets that delight and inspire,” says Metropolitan director, Lisa Collins Vidnovic.
Metropolitan Ballet Company is a pre-professional dance company affiliated with Metropolitan Ballet Academy, a classical dance studio founded by Lisa Collins Vidnovic, which has earned recognition from POINTE magazine as one of “seven local studios in America cultivating top talent.” Metropolitan has trained numerous dance artists who now perform with professional companies across the U.S. It’s Boys’ Scholarship Program trains over 50 boys, tuition-free, each year. More than 100 Metropolitan students have earned the highest honors at Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) and/or scholarships for intensive study with many prestigious ballet companies nationwide.
Metropolitan Ballet Company
Saturday, November 23 at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm
Sunday, November 24 at 1:00 and 4:00 pm
Abington Friends School’s Josephine Muller Theater, 575 Washington Lane, Jenkintown
Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door; purchase online at www.metropolitanballetcompany.org
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020