Metropolitan Ballet Company will present an exciting production of Peter Pan, a rollicking story ballet, brought to life with exuberant dancing, and magical costumes and sets.
Peter Pan will be performed in Metropolitan’s Family Concert Series on Saturday, November 23 at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm, and Sunday, November 24 at 1:00 and 4:00 pm at Abington Friends School’s Josephine Muller Theater, 575 Washington Lane, Jenkintown, PA 19046. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door; purchase online at www.metropolitanballetcompany.org or call 215-663-1665.
Metropolitan’s Peter Pan is choreographed by Kanji Segawa, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater company member, and a noted choreographer. Come along to Neverland for magical adventures with Peter Pan, the boy who won’t grow up! Wendy, John, and Michael Darling join Peter, soaring through the night sky to the land of mermaids and fairy dust. Peter’s sidekick, Tinkerbell, adds the extra sparkle on stage. In this classic tale by Scottish author J.M. Barrie, children discover what friendship and family are really all about.
Also, on the “bill” is The Ugly Duckling. Award-winning choreographer, Ashley Walton, updates the Hans Christian Andersen tale for a new generation. The Ugly Duckling is shunned by others who feel she is just too awkward to fit in. She tries to make friends with other ducklings, cats, a donkey, and even a fox! Follow her journey as she learns it takes courage to be yourself. Importantly, this piece shines a light on self-acceptance and empathy, leading to beautiful results.
“This is a wonderful way for families and schools to introduce children to dance, with fully-produced story ballets that delight and inspire,” says Metropolitan director, Lisa Collins Vidnovic.
Metropolitan Ballet Company is a pre-professional dance company affiliated with Metropolitan Ballet Academy, a classical dance studio founded by Lisa Collins Vidnovic, which has earned recognition from POINTE magazine as one of “seven local studios in America cultivating top talent.” Metropolitan has trained numerous dance artists who now perform with professional companies across the U.S. It’s Boys’ Scholarship Program trains over 50 boys, tuition-free, each year. More than 100 Metropolitan students have earned the highest honors at Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) and/or scholarships for intensive study with many prestigious ballet companies nationwide.
Metropolitan Ballet Company
Saturday, November 23 at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm
Sunday, November 24 at 1:00 and 4:00 pm
Abington Friends School’s Josephine Muller Theater, 575 Washington Lane, Jenkintown
Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door; purchase online at www.metropolitanballetcompany.org
- The Annenberg Center Present Paul Taylor Dance Company, January 24-25 - January 17, 2020
- BeijingDance/LDTX premieres at Drexel, Feb. 14 & 15 - January 13, 2020
- A multi-generational cast of women come together in HOMEbody, Feb 22 - January 10, 2020
- Cunningham opens in Philadelphia - January 9, 2020
- Nickerson-Rossi Dance offers a Performance and Educational Dance Series, Jan 17-19 - December 31, 2019
- The International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD) comes to Philadelphia, Jan 14-19 - December 20, 2019
- Soledad Barrio & Noche Flamenca Return to Philadelphia, Jan 15 – Feb 2 - December 19, 2019
- Philadelphia Dance Projects (PDP) presents DANCE UP CLOSE, Jan 22-23 & Feb 26-27 - December 19, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents PHILADANCO’s Xmas Philes, Dec. 12-14 - December 5, 2019
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® Returns to Pennsylvania Ballet, Dec 6-31 - November 27, 2019