Metropolitan Ballet Company will present an exciting production of Peter Pan, a rollicking story ballet, brought to life with exuberant dancing, and magical costumes and sets.
Peter Pan will be performed in Metropolitan’s Family Concert Series on Saturday, November 23 at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm, and Sunday, November 24 at 1:00 and 4:00 pm at Abington Friends School’s Josephine Muller Theater, 575 Washington Lane, Jenkintown, PA 19046. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door; purchase online at www.metropolitanballetcompany.org or call 215-663-1665.
Metropolitan’s Peter Pan is choreographed by Kanji Segawa, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater company member, and a noted choreographer. Come along to Neverland for magical adventures with Peter Pan, the boy who won’t grow up! Wendy, John, and Michael Darling join Peter, soaring through the night sky to the land of mermaids and fairy dust. Peter’s sidekick, Tinkerbell, adds the extra sparkle on stage. In this classic tale by Scottish author J.M. Barrie, children discover what friendship and family are really all about.
Also, on the “bill” is The Ugly Duckling. Award-winning choreographer, Ashley Walton, updates the Hans Christian Andersen tale for a new generation. The Ugly Duckling is shunned by others who feel she is just too awkward to fit in. She tries to make friends with other ducklings, cats, a donkey, and even a fox! Follow her journey as she learns it takes courage to be yourself. Importantly, this piece shines a light on self-acceptance and empathy, leading to beautiful results.
“This is a wonderful way for families and schools to introduce children to dance, with fully-produced story ballets that delight and inspire,” says Metropolitan director, Lisa Collins Vidnovic.
Metropolitan Ballet Company is a pre-professional dance company affiliated with Metropolitan Ballet Academy, a classical dance studio founded by Lisa Collins Vidnovic, which has earned recognition from POINTE magazine as one of “seven local studios in America cultivating top talent.” Metropolitan has trained numerous dance artists who now perform with professional companies across the U.S. It’s Boys’ Scholarship Program trains over 50 boys, tuition-free, each year. More than 100 Metropolitan students have earned the highest honors at Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) and/or scholarships for intensive study with many prestigious ballet companies nationwide.
Metropolitan Ballet Company
Saturday, November 23 at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm
Sunday, November 24 at 1:00 and 4:00 pm
Abington Friends School’s Josephine Muller Theater, 575 Washington Lane, Jenkintown
Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door; purchase online at www.metropolitanballetcompany.org
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020