SHARP Dance Company, is pleased to announce their home season and revival performance of Aquarian Exposition: A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock. The performance, a celebration of the 50th anniversary of Woodstock features eight company dancers and a live singer and will take place November 1-3, 2019 at Christ Church Neighborhood House, 20 N. American Street, Philadelphia.
Originally debuting during the 2013 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA), “Aquarian Exposition” performed to sold-out houses and rave reviews. Aquarian Exposition: A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock taps into the spirit of love, acceptance and exploration that made the hippie movement one to transcend time. Audiences are encouraged to immerse themselves in the community experience by coming in their best hippie costume. There will be prizes for the “best dressed” audience member in hippie gear!
The program will also include Letters a world premiere collaborative piece with the company dancers and Artistic Director Diane Sharp-Nachsin. The night will also feature Reticent, a solo performed by Assistant Director and lead dancer Sandra Davis. This emotionally driven world premiere showcases Ms. Davis’s exquisite technique and celebrates her 10th anniversary with the company.
SHARP also invites children to join in the experience! Doors open for the Saturday 5 pm show at 4 PM for younger audience members to enjoy a tour of the theater, a meet and greet with the dancers, and the opportunity to make their own hippie accessory for their costume.
About SHARP Dance Company
SHARP strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind the movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance,…dance should be an experience.
Aquarian Exposition: A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock
SHARP Dance Company
November 1, 2019 – 8 PM
November 2, 2019 – 5 PM (4PM early opening for a Children’s tour)
November 3, 2019 – 3 PM (Q & A with the Company)
Christ Church Neighborhood House, 20 N. American Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Tickets available at http://www.sharpdance.org/SHARP_Dance_Company/Tickets.html
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020