Philadelphia choreographer Annie Wilson brings original dances to the Fringe festival for the first time since the smash hit Lovertits (2014). bilialien is an evening of three 20-minute pieces: bite sized explorations of wailing, faux-futurism, heavenly creatures, and trash. Lots of trash.
bilialien, the 70-minute show will run for just 5 performances, September 6th-10th, at Theatre Exile in South Philadelphia. The evening of short works may or may not involve keening in the dark, tracing the periphery, and constructing celestial bodies from our current ones. Performers are some of the best from Philadelphia and beyond and include Anita Holland (Perfect Day), Christina Gesualdi (Lovertits), Laura Vriend (The Quiet Circus), and Mina Estrada (Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge). The design team is also star-studded: lighting design by Maria Shaplin, Sound Design by Adriano Shaplin, and Costume Design by Kierceton Keller.
Annie Wilson is a 2017 Pew Fellow in the Arts. Her work has been presented by Fringearts, Bryn Mawr College, JACK, thirdbird, the Center for Performance Research, and Mascher. Recent work includes: Design Your Own Death, At Home with the Humorless Bastard, Lovertits, The Remix Festival, At the Gloaming with the Hipster Shaman, and Solo. She is an Associated Artist at Applied Mechanics, and an incubated artist at Headlong. Artists she has worked with include: Meg Foley/moving parts, Lucinda Childs, Nichole Canuso Dance Company, <fidget>, Almanac Dance Circus Theater, Pasion Y Arte, Mary Tuomanen.
Anita Holland is a performance artist, deviser, theatre maker, avid mover, and children’s book author. Anita’s work interrogates language, excavates ancestry, and strolls with the jungian shadow. They are building a creative family in Philadelphia. Anita has appeared on stage at Quintessence (company member), InterAct, Flashpoint, Orbiter 3, PolyGlamourous, Philadelphia Artists Collective, Philadelphia Asian Performing Artists, CCTC, The Philadelphia Free School, StageWest, People’s Productions, Pioneer Theatre Company. They’ve created original roles in collaboration with Headlong Dance Theater (incubated artist), Swim Pony, The Painted Bride, and Applied Mechanics (Associate Artist). Hailing from the exotic states of Utah, Iowa, and New York. Anita has had the honor of studying at the University of Utah, Gateway Dance Theatre, Samba Fogo, Jeni Breen Tango Academy.
Friday, September 6th, 9 pm
Saturday, September 7th, 3 PM
Sunday, September 8th, 8 PM
Monday, September 9th, 5 PM
Tuesday, September 10th, 1 PM
Theatre Exile, 1340 S. 13th St. Philadelphia, PA 19147
*Geared towards adults, suitable for all ages. There may be loud music.
Information and tickets: https://fringearts.com/event/bilialien/
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020