Philadelphia choreographer Annie Wilson brings original dances to the Fringe festival for the first time since the smash hit Lovertits (2014). bilialien is an evening of three 20-minute pieces: bite sized explorations of wailing, faux-futurism, heavenly creatures, and trash. Lots of trash.
bilialien, the 70-minute show will run for just 5 performances, September 6th-10th, at Theatre Exile in South Philadelphia. The evening of short works may or may not involve keening in the dark, tracing the periphery, and constructing celestial bodies from our current ones. Performers are some of the best from Philadelphia and beyond and include Anita Holland (Perfect Day), Christina Gesualdi (Lovertits), Laura Vriend (The Quiet Circus), and Mina Estrada (Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge). The design team is also star-studded: lighting design by Maria Shaplin, Sound Design by Adriano Shaplin, and Costume Design by Kierceton Keller.
Annie Wilson is a 2017 Pew Fellow in the Arts. Her work has been presented by Fringearts, Bryn Mawr College, JACK, thirdbird, the Center for Performance Research, and Mascher. Recent work includes: Design Your Own Death, At Home with the Humorless Bastard, Lovertits, The Remix Festival, At the Gloaming with the Hipster Shaman, and Solo. She is an Associated Artist at Applied Mechanics, and an incubated artist at Headlong. Artists she has worked with include: Meg Foley/moving parts, Lucinda Childs, Nichole Canuso Dance Company, <fidget>, Almanac Dance Circus Theater, Pasion Y Arte, Mary Tuomanen.
Anita Holland is a performance artist, deviser, theatre maker, avid mover, and children’s book author. Anita’s work interrogates language, excavates ancestry, and strolls with the jungian shadow. They are building a creative family in Philadelphia. Anita has appeared on stage at Quintessence (company member), InterAct, Flashpoint, Orbiter 3, PolyGlamourous, Philadelphia Artists Collective, Philadelphia Asian Performing Artists, CCTC, The Philadelphia Free School, StageWest, People’s Productions, Pioneer Theatre Company. They’ve created original roles in collaboration with Headlong Dance Theater (incubated artist), Swim Pony, The Painted Bride, and Applied Mechanics (Associate Artist). Hailing from the exotic states of Utah, Iowa, and New York. Anita has had the honor of studying at the University of Utah, Gateway Dance Theatre, Samba Fogo, Jeni Breen Tango Academy.
Friday, September 6th, 9 pm
Saturday, September 7th, 3 PM
Sunday, September 8th, 8 PM
Monday, September 9th, 5 PM
Tuesday, September 10th, 1 PM
Theatre Exile, 1340 S. 13th St. Philadelphia, PA 19147
*Geared towards adults, suitable for all ages. There may be loud music.
Information and tickets: https://fringearts.com/event/bilialien/
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020