BalletX, led by Artistic & Executive Director Christine Cox, is thrilled to announce its first-ever Block Party for the whole family to be held at the company’s 1923 Washington Avenue headquarters on Sunday, June 2, 2019. The event will take place both indoors at the BalletX Center and outdoors with Washington Avenue closed off between 19th and 20th Streets. The Block Party, FREE and open to the public, is an opportunity for BalletX fans and surrounding neighbors to come together and celebrate a day of dance and community.
Guests are invited to register for free studio dance classes for youth and adults, taught by BalletX dancers and teachers from 10am-6pm. Dance classes being offered include Ballet, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Voguing, West African Dance, and more. No experience required to participate in dance classes. Advance registration is recommended at https://www.balletx.org/block-party-2019/.
There will also be dance performances on an outdoor stage by BalletX and fellow Philadelphia dance artists from 12pm-6pm. Artists slated to perform, in addition to BalletX, include Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D), Eleone Dance Theatre, Danco 2 (D/2) – Philadanco’s Apprentice Company, JUNK, The Hood Lockers, and Chocolate Ballerina Company.
Local vendors serving food, beer, and wine include Dock Street Brewery, Jet Bar Wine, Cafe Ynez, Tuck-ins, and Sista’s on the Roll. Block Party 2019 is generously sponsored by SOSNA, OCF Realty, Chick’s, OpenBox Athletics, T-House, and PECO.
BalletX Block Party 2019
Sunday, June 2, 2019
1923 Washington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19146
10am-6pm (Community Dance Classes)
12pm-6pm (Block Party & Performances)
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020