Tori Lawrence + Co. returns to Philadelphia with a preview of a site-adaptive dance/music performance, JUNKSPACE. The piece looks at the relationship between architecture and the moving body and highlights places that are often overlooked or threatened by demolition due to the fallout of modernization.
On May 12th at 4 pm, an intimate audience will be invited to view the collaborative work for the first time in Philadelphia’s Germantown neighborhood. The performance is approximately 45 minutes long and will be performed in an abandoned 20,000 square foot industrial space (the old HG Fetterolf Co. factory located at 4717 Stenton Ave, Philadelphia). The audience won‘t be stationary in a seated setting but will have the freedom to explore the many areas of the space and watch the dance and music as it unfolds right in front of them.
Choreography and set design are by artistic director Tori Lawrence, whose site work has been described as “poignant,” “stunning,” and “arresting.” (Philadelphia Weekly). Dancers include Taryn Griggs, Ellie Goudie-Averill, Jungwoong Kim, and Jenna Riegel. Live original music will be played by Cole Highnam and Seth Wenger, and costumes are by Kaori Chiappetta.
The performance is free for invited guests, and there will be a reception following the showing. There is free street parking available and there will be ushers to lead guests into the site.
Tori Lawrence + Co. Preview Performance of “JUNKSPACE”
May 12, 2019, 4 pm
HG Fetterolf Factory in Germantown (4717 Stenton Ave)
Tickets: Free for invited guests – RSVP
- Annie Wilson returns to the 2019 Fringe Festival with bilialien - August 26, 2019
- Reflection:Response Choreographic Commission 2019 features kNots and Nests by Marion Ramírez - August 25, 2019
- Agama Indian Classical Arts Festival comes to Philadelphia, Sept 6-8 - August 21, 2019
- HONEY Dances on the search for sweetness, Sept 13-15 - August 20, 2019
- Elba Hevia y Vaca’s La Bolivianita to premiere at 2019 Fringe Festival, Sept 19-22 - August 13, 2019
- 2019 Women in Dance Leadership Conference , October 17-19 - August 12, 2019
- Ani/Malayaworks and Drum Like a Lady present Sunset CypHER at Bartram’s Garden, Sept 21 - August 10, 2019
- Lyons and Tigers presents Proceed with Caution in the 2019 Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Sept 20-22 - August 10, 2019
- the after-image debuts in Philly with RE: SHE a litany of adventures, Sept 13-22 - August 10, 2019
- Leah Stein Dance Company premieres Close to Home, Sept 21-29 - August 10, 2019