Tori Lawrence + Co. returns to Philadelphia with a preview of a site-adaptive dance/music performance, JUNKSPACE. The piece looks at the relationship between architecture and the moving body and highlights places that are often overlooked or threatened by demolition due to the fallout of modernization.
On May 12th at 4 pm, an intimate audience will be invited to view the collaborative work for the first time in Philadelphia’s Germantown neighborhood. The performance is approximately 45 minutes long and will be performed in an abandoned 20,000 square foot industrial space (the old HG Fetterolf Co. factory located at 4717 Stenton Ave, Philadelphia). The audience won‘t be stationary in a seated setting but will have the freedom to explore the many areas of the space and watch the dance and music as it unfolds right in front of them.
Choreography and set design are by artistic director Tori Lawrence, whose site work has been described as “poignant,” “stunning,” and “arresting.” (Philadelphia Weekly). Dancers include Taryn Griggs, Ellie Goudie-Averill, Jungwoong Kim, and Jenna Riegel. Live original music will be played by Cole Highnam and Seth Wenger, and costumes are by Kaori Chiappetta.
The performance is free for invited guests, and there will be a reception following the showing. There is free street parking available and there will be ushers to lead guests into the site.
Tori Lawrence + Co. Preview Performance of “JUNKSPACE”
May 12, 2019, 4 pm
HG Fetterolf Factory in Germantown (4717 Stenton Ave)
Tickets: Free for invited guests – RSVP
- REALMS: A Soul Opera at Philadelphia Museum of Art - July 22, 2019
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019