Tori Lawrence + Co. returns to Philadelphia with a preview of a site-adaptive dance/music performance, JUNKSPACE. The piece looks at the relationship between architecture and the moving body and highlights places that are often overlooked or threatened by demolition due to the fallout of modernization.
On May 12th at 4 pm, an intimate audience will be invited to view the collaborative work for the first time in Philadelphia’s Germantown neighborhood. The performance is approximately 45 minutes long and will be performed in an abandoned 20,000 square foot industrial space (the old HG Fetterolf Co. factory located at 4717 Stenton Ave, Philadelphia). The audience won‘t be stationary in a seated setting but will have the freedom to explore the many areas of the space and watch the dance and music as it unfolds right in front of them.
Choreography and set design are by artistic director Tori Lawrence, whose site work has been described as “poignant,” “stunning,” and “arresting.” (Philadelphia Weekly). Dancers include Taryn Griggs, Ellie Goudie-Averill, Jungwoong Kim, and Jenna Riegel. Live original music will be played by Cole Highnam and Seth Wenger, and costumes are by Kaori Chiappetta.
The performance is free for invited guests, and there will be a reception following the showing. There is free street parking available and there will be ushers to lead guests into the site.
Tori Lawrence + Co. Preview Performance of “JUNKSPACE”
May 12, 2019, 4 pm
HG Fetterolf Factory in Germantown (4717 Stenton Ave)
Tickets: Free for invited guests – RSVP
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020