Tori Lawrence + Co. returns to Philadelphia with a preview of a site-adaptive dance/music performance, JUNKSPACE. The piece looks at the relationship between architecture and the moving body and highlights places that are often overlooked or threatened by demolition due to the fallout of modernization.
On May 12th at 4 pm, an intimate audience will be invited to view the collaborative work for the first time in Philadelphia’s Germantown neighborhood. The performance is approximately 45 minutes long and will be performed in an abandoned 20,000 square foot industrial space (the old HG Fetterolf Co. factory located at 4717 Stenton Ave, Philadelphia). The audience won‘t be stationary in a seated setting but will have the freedom to explore the many areas of the space and watch the dance and music as it unfolds right in front of them.
Choreography and set design are by artistic director Tori Lawrence, whose site work has been described as “poignant,” “stunning,” and “arresting.” (Philadelphia Weekly). Dancers include Taryn Griggs, Ellie Goudie-Averill, Jungwoong Kim, and Jenna Riegel. Live original music will be played by Cole Highnam and Seth Wenger, and costumes are by Kaori Chiappetta.
The performance is free for invited guests, and there will be a reception following the showing. There is free street parking available and there will be ushers to lead guests into the site.
Tori Lawrence + Co. Preview Performance of “JUNKSPACE”
May 12, 2019, 4 pm
HG Fetterolf Factory in Germantown (4717 Stenton Ave)
Tickets: Free for invited guests – RSVP
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020