Tori Lawrence + Co. returns to Philadelphia with a preview of a site-adaptive dance/music performance, JUNKSPACE. The piece looks at the relationship between architecture and the moving body and highlights places that are often overlooked or threatened by demolition due to the fallout of modernization.
On May 12th at 4 pm, an intimate audience will be invited to view the collaborative work for the first time in Philadelphia’s Germantown neighborhood. The performance is approximately 45 minutes long and will be performed in an abandoned 20,000 square foot industrial space (the old HG Fetterolf Co. factory located at 4717 Stenton Ave, Philadelphia). The audience won‘t be stationary in a seated setting but will have the freedom to explore the many areas of the space and watch the dance and music as it unfolds right in front of them.
Choreography and set design are by artistic director Tori Lawrence, whose site work has been described as “poignant,” “stunning,” and “arresting.” (Philadelphia Weekly). Dancers include Taryn Griggs, Ellie Goudie-Averill, Jungwoong Kim, and Jenna Riegel. Live original music will be played by Cole Highnam and Seth Wenger, and costumes are by Kaori Chiappetta.
The performance is free for invited guests, and there will be a reception following the showing. There is free street parking available and there will be ushers to lead guests into the site.
Tori Lawrence + Co. Preview Performance of “JUNKSPACE”
May 12, 2019, 4 pm
HG Fetterolf Factory in Germantown (4717 Stenton Ave)
Tickets: Free for invited guests – RSVP
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Ephrat Asherie, February 7-8 - January 22, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents Paul Taylor Dance Company, January 24-25 - January 17, 2020
- BeijingDance/LDTX premieres at Drexel, Feb. 14 & 15 - January 13, 2020
- A multi-generational cast of women come together in HOMEbody, Feb 22 - January 10, 2020
- Cunningham opens in Philadelphia - January 9, 2020
- Soledad Barrio & Noche Flamenca Return to Philadelphia, Jan 15 – Feb 2 - January 9, 2020
- Nickerson-Rossi Dance offers a Performance and Educational Dance Series, Jan 17-19 - December 31, 2019
- The International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD) comes to Philadelphia, Jan 14-19 - December 20, 2019
- Philadelphia Dance Projects (PDP) presents DANCE UP CLOSE, Jan 22-23 & Feb 26-27 - December 19, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents PHILADANCO’s Xmas Philes, Dec. 12-14 - December 5, 2019