Bryn Mawr and Haverford student dancers will take to the stage for the Bryn Mawr College Dance Department’s annual Spring Dance Concert. The concert is the highlight of the Dance Department’s spring calendar and presents an eclectic range of dance styles, featuring works choreographed or restaged by faculty, guest choreographers, and advanced students. This year, nearly 40 students will perform in the works of distinguished choreographers: Linda Caruso Haviland, Melanie Cotton, Lela Aisha Jones, Lauren Putty White, and Meredith Rainey.
Students will also perform Tensile Involvement, by renowned 20th-century choreographer Alwin Nikolais. This seminal 1953 work investigates kinetic metaphors for human experience and was restaged by Alberto del Saz, a longtime member of the Alwin Nikolais Dance Company and artistic director of the Nikolais/Louis Foundation for Dance.
The performances take place Friday and Saturday, April 26 and 27, at 7:30 p.m. in McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College. Seating begins at 7 p.m., the concerts are free and open to the public, and a reception follows in the Benham Lobby. No tickets or reservations are required. For general concert information, please call (610) 526-5210.
- REALMS: A Soul Opera at Philadelphia Museum of Art - July 22, 2019
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019