Bryn Mawr and Haverford student dancers will take to the stage for the Bryn Mawr College Dance Department’s annual Spring Dance Concert. The concert is the highlight of the Dance Department’s spring calendar and presents an eclectic range of dance styles, featuring works choreographed or restaged by faculty, guest choreographers, and advanced students. This year, nearly 40 students will perform in the works of distinguished choreographers: Linda Caruso Haviland, Melanie Cotton, Lela Aisha Jones, Lauren Putty White, and Meredith Rainey.
Students will also perform Tensile Involvement, by renowned 20th-century choreographer Alwin Nikolais. This seminal 1953 work investigates kinetic metaphors for human experience and was restaged by Alberto del Saz, a longtime member of the Alwin Nikolais Dance Company and artistic director of the Nikolais/Louis Foundation for Dance.
The performances take place Friday and Saturday, April 26 and 27, at 7:30 p.m. in McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College. Seating begins at 7 p.m., the concerts are free and open to the public, and a reception follows in the Benham Lobby. No tickets or reservations are required. For general concert information, please call (610) 526-5210.
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019
- Philadelphia hip-hop legend Rennie Harris’ new work Funkedified, June 7-8 - May 7, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre Brings Back Communitas: Five Years Later May 16-25 - May 7, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Season-Closer, Parsons Dance, May 10-11 - May 6, 2019
- Tori Lawrence + Co. returns to Philadelphia with a preview of JUNKSPACE, May 12 - May 6, 2019
- The air is describing us, May 10-11 - April 30, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers’ Annual Spring Concert – On Tap, May 4th - April 20, 2019
- The 9th Philly Tango Fest to take place Memorial Day Weekend, May 24 – 27, 2019 - April 17, 2019