Bryn Mawr and Haverford student dancers will take to the stage for the Bryn Mawr College Dance Department’s annual Spring Dance Concert. The concert is the highlight of the Dance Department’s spring calendar and presents an eclectic range of dance styles, featuring works choreographed or restaged by faculty, guest choreographers, and advanced students. This year, nearly 40 students will perform in the works of distinguished choreographers: Linda Caruso Haviland, Melanie Cotton, Lela Aisha Jones, Lauren Putty White, and Meredith Rainey.
Students will also perform Tensile Involvement, by renowned 20th-century choreographer Alwin Nikolais. This seminal 1953 work investigates kinetic metaphors for human experience and was restaged by Alberto del Saz, a longtime member of the Alwin Nikolais Dance Company and artistic director of the Nikolais/Louis Foundation for Dance.
The performances take place Friday and Saturday, April 26 and 27, at 7:30 p.m. in McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall, Bryn Mawr College. Seating begins at 7 p.m., the concerts are free and open to the public, and a reception follows in the Benham Lobby. No tickets or reservations are required. For general concert information, please call (610) 526-5210.
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020