Stone Depot, an n artistic partnership between Ellie Goudie-Averill and Beau Hancock, returns to Philadelphia for Twos & Threes, an evening of small dances at thefidget space. They are joined by fellow dance artist, Pamela Vail, a professor at Franklin & Marshall College and founding member of performance improvisation group The Architects.
The program features new works and ongoing collaborations by the three choreographers. Goudie-Averill and Vail’s duet explores the discomforts that can come with power. Vail contributes a solo, in all its confining glory, that negotiates giving, following, and finding direction.
Goudie-Averill premieres a trio inspired by the early poetry of Alice Notley; and Goudie-Averill and Hancock share filmed and live improvisations from their Blue Road Project, featuring two 16mm films by Tori Lawrence.
Stone Depot: Twos & Threes
March 29, 2019, 7 pm
thefidget space, 1714 N Mascher St, Philadelphia, 19122
Tickets at the door (no advance tickets): $15-20 sliding scale; $10 for students and artists
- FringeArts announces open call to participate in large-scale public dance processional, Úumbal: Nomadic Choreography for Inhabitants - March 5, 2019
- Stone Depot presents Twos & Threes, March 29th - March 5, 2019
- PyA presents Marcando el Terreno – Flamenco and Feminism, April 6-7 - March 3, 2019
- SHARP Dance Company to perform 669, April 13 - March 2, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Live Announces 2019-20 Dance Season - March 1, 2019
- PHILADANCO, returns to the Kimmel Center with Dance Philly Style, a celebration of Philadelphia’s contribution to the dance world, April 12-14 - February 28, 2019
- Italy’s awe-inspiring NoGravity Dance Company to perform From Hell to Paradise at the Kimmel Center, April 20th - February 28, 2019
- Koresh Dance Company to premiere La Danse, inspired by Matisse’s famous painting, April 25-28 - February 16, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers at Annenberg Center Live, April 12-13 - February 14, 2019
- Annenberg Center Live Presents Dance Theatre of Harlem, the 2018-19 Artist-in-Residence, March 1-2 - February 13, 2019