SHARP Dance Company, a Philadelphia-based modern dance company, is pleased to announce their home season performance of “669” at the National Museum of American Jewish History. “669” premiered in 2017 at the Performance Garage to rave reviews.
“669” was inspired by the story of Nicholas Winton, a man who saved 669 children from the Holocaust. The performance follows the stories of the parents who chose to give their children away in order to save them, the woman who was sent in as a spy and ultimately changed sides to help Winton, and the children themselves as they went on to live extraordinary lives and raise families of their own.
The evening will also contain several crowd favorites from the SHARP repertoire including “Blind Faith”, “Woman’s Story”, and “I Thought of You Again”
SHARP Dance Company strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
SHARP Dance Company
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Two performances at 6 pm and 8 pm
National Museum of American Jewish History, 101 S. Independence Mall East, Philadelphia, PA 19106
TICKETS: $25 Adult; $20 Seniors, Students, Artista; Buy 3 adult tickets get one free
purchase in advance online at www.sharpdance.org
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019
- Philadelphia hip-hop legend Rennie Harris’ new work Funkedified, June 7-8 - May 7, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre Brings Back Communitas: Five Years Later May 16-25 - May 7, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Season-Closer, Parsons Dance, May 10-11 - May 6, 2019