SHARP Dance Company, a Philadelphia-based modern dance company, is pleased to announce their home season performance of “669” at the National Museum of American Jewish History. “669” premiered in 2017 at the Performance Garage to rave reviews.
“669” was inspired by the story of Nicholas Winton, a man who saved 669 children from the Holocaust. The performance follows the stories of the parents who chose to give their children away in order to save them, the woman who was sent in as a spy and ultimately changed sides to help Winton, and the children themselves as they went on to live extraordinary lives and raise families of their own.
The evening will also contain several crowd favorites from the SHARP repertoire including “Blind Faith”, “Woman’s Story”, and “I Thought of You Again”
SHARP Dance Company strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
SHARP Dance Company
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Two performances at 6 pm and 8 pm
National Museum of American Jewish History, 101 S. Independence Mall East, Philadelphia, PA 19106
TICKETS: $25 Adult; $20 Seniors, Students, Artista; Buy 3 adult tickets get one free
purchase in advance online at www.sharpdance.org
- Agama Indian Classical Arts Festival comes to Philadelphia, Sept 6-8 - August 21, 2019
- HONEY Dances on the search for sweetness, Sept 13-15 - August 20, 2019
- Elba Hevia y Vaca’s La Bolivianita to premiere at 2019 Fringe Festival, Sept 19-22 - August 13, 2019
- 2019 Women in Dance Leadership Conference , October 17-19 - August 12, 2019
- Power Play: Making process in performance, August 28 - August 11, 2019
- Inclined Dance Project presents T U R F, Sept 12-13 - August 9, 2019
- Philadelphia artist connects with Minneapolis live via dance and tech with SplitScreen, Sept 6-15 - August 8, 2019
- Nichole Canuso Dance Company presents Sneakers, September 6-10 - August 7, 2019
- Tangle Movement Arts present In Transit, Sept 4-7 - August 5, 2019
- REALMS: A Soul Opera at Philadelphia Museum of Art - July 22, 2019