SHARP Dance Company, a Philadelphia-based modern dance company, is pleased to announce their home season performance of “669” at the National Museum of American Jewish History. “669” premiered in 2017 at the Performance Garage to rave reviews.
“669” was inspired by the story of Nicholas Winton, a man who saved 669 children from the Holocaust. The performance follows the stories of the parents who chose to give their children away in order to save them, the woman who was sent in as a spy and ultimately changed sides to help Winton, and the children themselves as they went on to live extraordinary lives and raise families of their own.
The evening will also contain several crowd favorites from the SHARP repertoire including “Blind Faith”, “Woman’s Story”, and “I Thought of You Again”
SHARP Dance Company strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
SHARP Dance Company
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Two performances at 6 pm and 8 pm
National Museum of American Jewish History, 101 S. Independence Mall East, Philadelphia, PA 19106
TICKETS: $25 Adult; $20 Seniors, Students, Artista; Buy 3 adult tickets get one free
purchase in advance online at www.sharpdance.org
- The 9th Philly Tango Fest to take place Memorial Day Weekend, May 24 – 27, 2019 - April 17, 2019
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program Spring Concert, April 26-27 - April 16, 2019
- Reflection:Response Commission 2019 awarded to Marion Ramírez - April 2, 2019
- The Annenberg Center presents BODYTRAFFIC and A Million Voices choreographed by Matthew Neenan, April 26-27 - March 30, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers’ Annual Spring Concert – On Tap, May 4th - March 20, 2019
- The air is describing us, May 10-11 - March 15, 2019
- FringeArts announces open call to participate in large-scale public dance processional, Úumbal: Nomadic Choreography for Inhabitants - March 5, 2019
- Dawn Marie Bazemore’s DanceVisions Residency Concert, April 19-20 - March 4, 2019
- SHARP Dance Company to perform 669, April 13 - March 3, 2019
- Dance Emerge at Muhlenberg, April 11-14 - March 2, 2019