SHARP Dance Company, a Philadelphia-based modern dance company, is pleased to announce their home season performance of “669” at the National Museum of American Jewish History. “669” premiered in 2017 at the Performance Garage to rave reviews.
“669” was inspired by the story of Nicholas Winton, a man who saved 669 children from the Holocaust. The performance follows the stories of the parents who chose to give their children away in order to save them, the woman who was sent in as a spy and ultimately changed sides to help Winton, and the children themselves as they went on to live extraordinary lives and raise families of their own.
The evening will also contain several crowd favorites from the SHARP repertoire including “Blind Faith”, “Woman’s Story”, and “I Thought of You Again”
SHARP Dance Company strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
SHARP Dance Company
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Two performances at 6 pm and 8 pm
National Museum of American Jewish History, 101 S. Independence Mall East, Philadelphia, PA 19106
TICKETS: $25 Adult; $20 Seniors, Students, Artista; Buy 3 adult tickets get one free
purchase in advance online at www.sharpdance.org
- FringeArts announces open call to participate in large-scale public dance processional, Úumbal: Nomadic Choreography for Inhabitants - March 5, 2019
- Stone Depot presents Twos & Threes, March 29th - March 5, 2019
- PyA presents Marcando el Terreno – Flamenco and Feminism, April 6-7 - March 3, 2019
- SHARP Dance Company to perform 669, April 13 - March 2, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Live Announces 2019-20 Dance Season - March 1, 2019
- PHILADANCO, returns to the Kimmel Center with Dance Philly Style, a celebration of Philadelphia’s contribution to the dance world, April 12-14 - February 28, 2019
- Italy’s awe-inspiring NoGravity Dance Company to perform From Hell to Paradise at the Kimmel Center, April 20th - February 28, 2019
- Koresh Dance Company to premiere La Danse, inspired by Matisse’s famous painting, April 25-28 - February 16, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers at Annenberg Center Live, April 12-13 - February 14, 2019
- Annenberg Center Live Presents Dance Theatre of Harlem, the 2018-19 Artist-in-Residence, March 1-2 - February 13, 2019