Stone Depot, an n artistic partnership between Ellie Goudie-Averill and Beau Hancock, returns to Philadelphia for Twos & Threes, an evening of small dances at thefidget space. They are joined by fellow dance artist, Pamela Vail, a professor at Franklin & Marshall College and founding member of performance improvisation group The Architects.
The program features new works and ongoing collaborations by the three choreographers. Goudie-Averill and Vail’s duet explores the discomforts that can come with power. Vail contributes a solo, in all its confining glory, that negotiates giving, following, and finding direction.
Goudie-Averill premieres a trio inspired by the early poetry of Alice Notley; and Goudie-Averill and Hancock share filmed and live improvisations from their Blue Road Project, featuring two 16mm films by Tori Lawrence.
Stone Depot: Twos & Threes
March 29, 2019, 7 pm
thefidget space, 1714 N Mascher St, Philadelphia, 19122
Tickets at the door (no advance tickets): $15-20 sliding scale; $10 for students and artists
- Philly Kerplop, a supercrew of all styles dancers and musicians, presents Blaow! Cosmos? - November 16, 2019
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents Peter Pan, Nov 23-24 - October 7, 2019
- Perspectives A Presentation of New Work by Temple University Dance B.F.A. Seniors, Nov 22-23 - October 7, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - October 6, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 5, 2019