Stone Depot, an n artistic partnership between Ellie Goudie-Averill and Beau Hancock, returns to Philadelphia for Twos & Threes, an evening of small dances at thefidget space. They are joined by fellow dance artist, Pamela Vail, a professor at Franklin & Marshall College and founding member of performance improvisation group The Architects.
The program features new works and ongoing collaborations by the three choreographers. Goudie-Averill and Vail’s duet explores the discomforts that can come with power. Vail contributes a solo, in all its confining glory, that negotiates giving, following, and finding direction.
Goudie-Averill premieres a trio inspired by the early poetry of Alice Notley; and Goudie-Averill and Hancock share filmed and live improvisations from their Blue Road Project, featuring two 16mm films by Tori Lawrence.
Stone Depot: Twos & Threes
March 29, 2019, 7 pm
thefidget space, 1714 N Mascher St, Philadelphia, 19122
Tickets at the door (no advance tickets): $15-20 sliding scale; $10 for students and artists
- REALMS: A Soul Opera at Philadelphia Museum of Art - July 22, 2019
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019