Stone Depot, an n artistic partnership between Ellie Goudie-Averill and Beau Hancock, returns to Philadelphia for Twos & Threes, an evening of small dances at thefidget space. They are joined by fellow dance artist, Pamela Vail, a professor at Franklin & Marshall College and founding member of performance improvisation group The Architects.
The program features new works and ongoing collaborations by the three choreographers. Goudie-Averill and Vail’s duet explores the discomforts that can come with power. Vail contributes a solo, in all its confining glory, that negotiates giving, following, and finding direction.
Goudie-Averill premieres a trio inspired by the early poetry of Alice Notley; and Goudie-Averill and Hancock share filmed and live improvisations from their Blue Road Project, featuring two 16mm films by Tori Lawrence.
Stone Depot: Twos & Threes
March 29, 2019, 7 pm
thefidget space, 1714 N Mascher St, Philadelphia, 19122
Tickets at the door (no advance tickets): $15-20 sliding scale; $10 for students and artists
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020