After a rough start from the previous weekend due to inclement weather, Sammy Reyes was finally able to present Social Compass to a packed house at the Koresh Black Box Theater. Social Compass was designed as a public announcement or perhaps more so a warning dialogued through contemporary dance. The program featured a wide range of dance genres including modern, jazz, hip-hop, breakin, salsa, African, and house movement. Samuel Antonio Reyes added some theatrical lip-syncing and acting for good measure pulling the huge variety of pieces all together in a non-stop one-hour program designed to reflect the social climate of the day.
Choreographers included Samuel Antonio Reyes, Tony Azzaro, Tyria Saul, Tegan Schweitzer, Anwar Kahlil Jones, and Jesse Jones.
Dancers were Samuel Antonio Reyes, Tony Azzaro, Colleen Dougherty, Ryan Alexander, Natalie Flynn, Aleah Lynn, Anthony Michael, Zsa Zsa St. James, Anwar Kahlil Jones, Dylan Platt, Andrew Byun, Tegan Schweitzer, Lydia Di Lorio, Courtney Conigatti, Caitlin Green, Lauren Kali, Mary Frances Cavallaro, Alexis Lanzillo, and Tyria Saul.
- Are Dance Studios Opening Safely? - July 6, 2020
- Meg Foley named finalist in The National Dance Project (NDP) Grant - June 18, 2020
- Philadelphia City Council approved a preliminary budget that restores some funding back to the Cultural Fund - June 18, 2020
- Presenting Dance As We Consider Reopening Post-Pandemic - May 20, 2020
- Stories From The Dance Front Lines - May 13, 2020
- Severe Budget Cuts To The Arts In Philadelphia Will Have A Much Wider Impact Than Just Our Economic Recovery - May 2, 2020
- WEEK 4 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – Seaworthy - April 25, 2020
- Going Forward, An Opportunity To Re-Frame Post-Pandemic - April 21, 2020
- WEEK 3 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – birdskin - April 18, 2020
- Editorial: I am not a pessimist nor optimist but a realist – getting our community started once again - April 15, 2020