Annenberg Center Live presents the Philadelphia debut of Caleb Teicher & Company, Friday, December 14 (8 PM) and Saturday, December 15 (2 PM and 8 PM). Teicher’s signature style of musicality, humor and warmth will shine in Meet Ella, a swing duet set to Ella Fitzgerald, and Variations, a tap piece set to Bach’s timeless Goldberg Variations. Tickets are available at AnnenbergCenter.org or 215.898.3900.
Caleb Teicher & Company (CT&Co) was founded in 2015 by acclaimed dancer/choreographer Caleb Teicher. The company seeks to expand the capacity of America’s rich music and dance traditions through innovative choreography, performance and contextualization, utiliizing tap dance, vernacular jazz, lindy hop and a mix of other dance styles born and bred in America. Whether tap dancing with a live beatboxer or to Bach’s Goldberg Variations, swing dancing to Ella Fitzgerald’s famous recordings or to a new contemporary score by pianist Conrad Tao, audiences have warmed to CT&Co’s unique style of theatricality, humor, emotional expression and aesthetic exploration. Past engagements include Fall For Dance @ New York City Center, The Joyce Theater, Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, PS21 Chatham, Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival’s Inside/Out Series, UNCW, Gibney Dance, Queens College, The Yard on Martha’s Vineyard, LaMaMa Experimental Theater Club and the American Tap Dance Foundation, among others.
Caleb Teicher is a critically-acclaimed dancer, choreographer, director, and teacher based in New York City. He received a 2011 Bessie Award winner for Outstanding Individual Performance, one of Dance Magazine’s 2012 “25 to Watch,” and the 2016 winner of Dance Magazine’s “Best Emerging Choreographer” Reader’s Choice Award. His credits include Dorrance Dance, The Chase Brock Experience, The Bang Group and West Side Story (International tour). He is an alumnus of the School at Jacob’s Pillow and the National YoungArts Foundation. Teicher has been a guest faculty member at Steps on Broadway and Broadway Dance Center in New York City. He also spends time as a guest soloist, a director/choreographer for interdisciplinary work, and as an instructor of tap dance and solo jazz for international festivals/workshops.
Photo Credit: Em Watson
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020