Annenberg Center Live presents the Philadelphia debut of Caleb Teicher & Company, Friday, December 14 (8 PM) and Saturday, December 15 (2 PM and 8 PM). Teicher’s signature style of musicality, humor and warmth will shine in Meet Ella, a swing duet set to Ella Fitzgerald, and Variations, a tap piece set to Bach’s timeless Goldberg Variations. Tickets are available at AnnenbergCenter.org or 215.898.3900.
Caleb Teicher & Company (CT&Co) was founded in 2015 by acclaimed dancer/choreographer Caleb Teicher. The company seeks to expand the capacity of America’s rich music and dance traditions through innovative choreography, performance and contextualization, utiliizing tap dance, vernacular jazz, lindy hop and a mix of other dance styles born and bred in America. Whether tap dancing with a live beatboxer or to Bach’s Goldberg Variations, swing dancing to Ella Fitzgerald’s famous recordings or to a new contemporary score by pianist Conrad Tao, audiences have warmed to CT&Co’s unique style of theatricality, humor, emotional expression and aesthetic exploration. Past engagements include Fall For Dance @ New York City Center, The Joyce Theater, Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, PS21 Chatham, Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival’s Inside/Out Series, UNCW, Gibney Dance, Queens College, The Yard on Martha’s Vineyard, LaMaMa Experimental Theater Club and the American Tap Dance Foundation, among others.
Caleb Teicher is a critically-acclaimed dancer, choreographer, director, and teacher based in New York City. He received a 2011 Bessie Award winner for Outstanding Individual Performance, one of Dance Magazine’s 2012 “25 to Watch,” and the 2016 winner of Dance Magazine’s “Best Emerging Choreographer” Reader’s Choice Award. His credits include Dorrance Dance, The Chase Brock Experience, The Bang Group and West Side Story (International tour). He is an alumnus of the School at Jacob’s Pillow and the National YoungArts Foundation. Teicher has been a guest faculty member at Steps on Broadway and Broadway Dance Center in New York City. He also spends time as a guest soloist, a director/choreographer for interdisciplinary work, and as an instructor of tap dance and solo jazz for international festivals/workshops.
Photo Credit: Em Watson
- Annie Wilson returns to the 2019 Fringe Festival with bilialien - August 26, 2019
- Reflection:Response Choreographic Commission 2019 features kNots and Nests by Marion Ramírez - August 25, 2019
- Agama Indian Classical Arts Festival comes to Philadelphia, Sept 6-8 - August 21, 2019
- HONEY Dances on the search for sweetness, Sept 13-15 - August 20, 2019
- Elba Hevia y Vaca’s La Bolivianita to premiere at 2019 Fringe Festival, Sept 19-22 - August 13, 2019
- 2019 Women in Dance Leadership Conference , October 17-19 - August 12, 2019
- Ani/Malayaworks and Drum Like a Lady present Sunset CypHER at Bartram’s Garden, Sept 21 - August 10, 2019
- Lyons and Tigers presents Proceed with Caution in the 2019 Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Sept 20-22 - August 10, 2019
- the after-image debuts in Philly with RE: SHE a litany of adventures, Sept 13-22 - August 10, 2019
- Leah Stein Dance Company premieres Close to Home, Sept 21-29 - August 10, 2019