Annenberg Center Live presents the Philadelphia debut of Caleb Teicher & Company, Friday, December 14 (8 PM) and Saturday, December 15 (2 PM and 8 PM). Teicher’s signature style of musicality, humor and warmth will shine in Meet Ella, a swing duet set to Ella Fitzgerald, and Variations, a tap piece set to Bach’s timeless Goldberg Variations. Tickets are available at AnnenbergCenter.org or 215.898.3900.
Caleb Teicher & Company (CT&Co) was founded in 2015 by acclaimed dancer/choreographer Caleb Teicher. The company seeks to expand the capacity of America’s rich music and dance traditions through innovative choreography, performance and contextualization, utiliizing tap dance, vernacular jazz, lindy hop and a mix of other dance styles born and bred in America. Whether tap dancing with a live beatboxer or to Bach’s Goldberg Variations, swing dancing to Ella Fitzgerald’s famous recordings or to a new contemporary score by pianist Conrad Tao, audiences have warmed to CT&Co’s unique style of theatricality, humor, emotional expression and aesthetic exploration. Past engagements include Fall For Dance @ New York City Center, The Joyce Theater, Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, PS21 Chatham, Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival’s Inside/Out Series, UNCW, Gibney Dance, Queens College, The Yard on Martha’s Vineyard, LaMaMa Experimental Theater Club and the American Tap Dance Foundation, among others.
Caleb Teicher is a critically-acclaimed dancer, choreographer, director, and teacher based in New York City. He received a 2011 Bessie Award winner for Outstanding Individual Performance, one of Dance Magazine’s 2012 “25 to Watch,” and the 2016 winner of Dance Magazine’s “Best Emerging Choreographer” Reader’s Choice Award. His credits include Dorrance Dance, The Chase Brock Experience, The Bang Group and West Side Story (International tour). He is an alumnus of the School at Jacob’s Pillow and the National YoungArts Foundation. Teicher has been a guest faculty member at Steps on Broadway and Broadway Dance Center in New York City. He also spends time as a guest soloist, a director/choreographer for interdisciplinary work, and as an instructor of tap dance and solo jazz for international festivals/workshops.
Photo Credit: Em Watson
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- SUPPER, People on the Move! performed by the Cardell Dance Theater comes to Drexel, Nov 8-10 - October 9, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents Peter Pan, Nov 23-24 - October 7, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 7, 2019
- SHARP Dance Company takes A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock with their home season revival of Aquarian Exposition, Nov 1-3 - October 7, 2019
- Perspectives A Presentation of New Work by Temple University Dance B.F.A. Seniors, Nov 22-23 - October 7, 2019