Annenberg Center Live presents the Philadelphia debut of Caleb Teicher & Company, Friday, December 14 (8 PM) and Saturday, December 15 (2 PM and 8 PM). Teicher’s signature style of musicality, humor and warmth will shine in Meet Ella, a swing duet set to Ella Fitzgerald, and Variations, a tap piece set to Bach’s timeless Goldberg Variations. Tickets are available at AnnenbergCenter.org or 215.898.3900.
Caleb Teicher & Company (CT&Co) was founded in 2015 by acclaimed dancer/choreographer Caleb Teicher. The company seeks to expand the capacity of America’s rich music and dance traditions through innovative choreography, performance and contextualization, utiliizing tap dance, vernacular jazz, lindy hop and a mix of other dance styles born and bred in America. Whether tap dancing with a live beatboxer or to Bach’s Goldberg Variations, swing dancing to Ella Fitzgerald’s famous recordings or to a new contemporary score by pianist Conrad Tao, audiences have warmed to CT&Co’s unique style of theatricality, humor, emotional expression and aesthetic exploration. Past engagements include Fall For Dance @ New York City Center, The Joyce Theater, Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, PS21 Chatham, Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival’s Inside/Out Series, UNCW, Gibney Dance, Queens College, The Yard on Martha’s Vineyard, LaMaMa Experimental Theater Club and the American Tap Dance Foundation, among others.
Caleb Teicher is a critically-acclaimed dancer, choreographer, director, and teacher based in New York City. He received a 2011 Bessie Award winner for Outstanding Individual Performance, one of Dance Magazine’s 2012 “25 to Watch,” and the 2016 winner of Dance Magazine’s “Best Emerging Choreographer” Reader’s Choice Award. His credits include Dorrance Dance, The Chase Brock Experience, The Bang Group and West Side Story (International tour). He is an alumnus of the School at Jacob’s Pillow and the National YoungArts Foundation. Teicher has been a guest faculty member at Steps on Broadway and Broadway Dance Center in New York City. He also spends time as a guest soloist, a director/choreographer for interdisciplinary work, and as an instructor of tap dance and solo jazz for international festivals/workshops.
Photo Credit: Em Watson
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020