SHARP Dance Company is proud to present FAÇADE to their Philadelphia supporters this November, featuring the world premiere of PUZZLE. PUZZLE is a collaborative modern dance experience designed to piece together diverse life experiences and challenge the ingenuity of both the artists and the audience. Co-created by Diane Sharp-Nachsin, SHARP Dance Company’s Artistic Director, and Joe Cotler, Koresh Dance Company Member, PUZZLE will be a combination of two: styles, ages, and experiences all rolled into one exciting piece.
The other half of the program of FAÇADE includes SHARP favorites: Roller Coaster Rules and The Affair. Also included in the program will be Miguel Quiñones Luminary, originally choreographed for the PKDC Spring Collection in NY and Caroline Butcher’s Not with Uncertainty which explores the tension between ambition and self-doubt.
SHARP Dance Company blends classical dance technique with intriguing stories that speak to the human experience, which creates an artistic experience that is relatable to all audiences. SHARP Dance Company has been touring nationally and internationally for the past 10 years. SHARP has performed in over 30 cities in the U.S. and in Italy & England and its theory of “Meaning Behind Movement” is shown prominently throughout their work.
Known for collaborative and socially conscious work, former collaborators include guest choreographers Steven Vaughn (former Parsons Dance Company member), Kevin Ferguson (former Parsons Dance Company member and Doug Elkins Dance Company), Joe Cotler (Koresh Dance Company), Charles Tyson (Underground Dance Works) and more. SHARP has also worked with Kylene Cleaver (Photographer), Lauren Mandilian Huot (Projection Artist) and Composers Liliya Danieva (Russia) and J (Philadelphia).
Dancers: Greg Anmuth, Hannah Brumbach, Caroline Butcher, Linnea Calzada-Charma, Sandra Davis, Kate Lombardi & Miguel Quiñones
For more information on SHARP Dance Company and to purchase tickets please visit www.sharpdance.org. Three performances of FAÇADE will take place on November 2nd at 8 pm, November 3rd at 8 pm and November 4 at 3 PM at The Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia.
- Leah Stein Dance Company Spring 2019 Season of Studio Works - January 18, 2019
- SEX TAPE: new work by Gabrielle Revlock, Feb 16th - January 12, 2019
- Annenberg Center Live presents Martha Graham Dance Company in the EVE Project, Jan 25-26 - January 9, 2019
- BalletX Presents Spring Series 2019 with Premieres by Lil Buck and Nicolo Fonte and 2019 Choreographic Fellow Katarzyna Skarpetowska - January 8, 2019
- Former Philadanco Dancer, Dawn Marie Bazemore, named Performance Garage DanceVisions 2019 Resident Artist - January 8, 2019
- Bryn Mawr College Performing Arts Series presents Wintry Mix | Performance Festival, Jan 25-26 - December 19, 2018
- Polish Dance Artists Residency at Mascher Dance - November 29, 2018
- Annenberg Center Live Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Caleb Teicher & Company, Dec 14-15 - November 27, 2018
- Bryn Mawr College Performing Arts Series Presents Abby Z and the New Utility, Dec 7-8 - November 25, 2018
- Final Bow for Jessica Lang Dance at Annenberg Center Live, Nov 30-Dec 1 - November 19, 2018