SHARP Dance Company is proud to present FAÇADE to their Philadelphia supporters this November, featuring the world premiere of PUZZLE. PUZZLE is a collaborative modern dance experience designed to piece together diverse life experiences and challenge the ingenuity of both the artists and the audience. Co-created by Diane Sharp-Nachsin, SHARP Dance Company’s Artistic Director, and Joe Cotler, Koresh Dance Company Member, PUZZLE will be a combination of two: styles, ages, and experiences all rolled into one exciting piece.
The other half of the program of FAÇADE includes SHARP favorites: Roller Coaster Rules and The Affair. Also included in the program will be Miguel Quiñones Luminary, originally choreographed for the PKDC Spring Collection in NY and Caroline Butcher’s Not with Uncertainty which explores the tension between ambition and self-doubt.
SHARP Dance Company blends classical dance technique with intriguing stories that speak to the human experience, which creates an artistic experience that is relatable to all audiences. SHARP Dance Company has been touring nationally and internationally for the past 10 years. SHARP has performed in over 30 cities in the U.S. and in Italy & England and its theory of “Meaning Behind Movement” is shown prominently throughout their work.
Known for collaborative and socially conscious work, former collaborators include guest choreographers Steven Vaughn (former Parsons Dance Company member), Kevin Ferguson (former Parsons Dance Company member and Doug Elkins Dance Company), Joe Cotler (Koresh Dance Company), Charles Tyson (Underground Dance Works) and more. SHARP has also worked with Kylene Cleaver (Photographer), Lauren Mandilian Huot (Projection Artist) and Composers Liliya Danieva (Russia) and J (Philadelphia).
Dancers: Greg Anmuth, Hannah Brumbach, Caroline Butcher, Linnea Calzada-Charma, Sandra Davis, Kate Lombardi & Miguel Quiñones
For more information on SHARP Dance Company and to purchase tickets please visit www.sharpdance.org. Three performances of FAÇADE will take place on November 2nd at 8 pm, November 3rd at 8 pm and November 4 at 3 PM at The Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street Philadelphia.
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020