Join Mascher Space Cooperative, a home for new dance in Philadelphia, for a festive night of dynamic, daring, and diverse performances. In one evening, ten choreographers present short dances on a very small, 4’ x 4’ stage. It will include a sampling of some of the most innovative and exciting work being made in Philly’s independent dance scene.
Presenting choreographers are either current or former Mascher Artists in Residence working in a variety of styles. They include: Almanac Dance Circus Theatre, Christina Gesualdi, Curt Haworth, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Paige Phillips, PIMA Group, Dawn Pratson, Kate Seethaler, Margot Steinberg, and Annie Wilson. All artists are donating their pieces, and proceeds will go toward renovating Mascher’s performance floor.
The format of Ten Tiny Dances was created by Mike Barber in Portland, OR in 2002, and has been presented extensively across the United States. This iteration will be its Philadelphia premiere.
Since 2005, Mascher Space Cooperative has been a home for new dance in Philadelphia. Artist imagined, artist founded, artist shared and run, we are a nonprofit that provides affordable and versatile space to independent artists, and diverse performance and educational programming to the local community. Bound not by aesthetics, but a common commitment to working cooperatively, Mascher nurtures the development of its members at various stages in their careers, lines of research, and explorations.
Ten Tiny Dances: Mascher Space
Friday, October 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Mascher Space Cooperative, 155 Cecil B Moore Ave I Philadelphia, PA 19122 | 2nd floor, not ADA accessible
Tickets: $15-$50 Sliding Scale Purchase online on Dance Box Office at https://www.danceboxoffice.com/?page_id=1516
**some content may not be suitable for children
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020