Join Mascher Space Cooperative, a home for new dance in Philadelphia, for a festive night of dynamic, daring, and diverse performances. In one evening, ten choreographers present short dances on a very small, 4’ x 4’ stage. It will include a sampling of some of the most innovative and exciting work being made in Philly’s independent dance scene.
Presenting choreographers are either current or former Mascher Artists in Residence working in a variety of styles. They include: Almanac Dance Circus Theatre, Christina Gesualdi, Curt Haworth, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Paige Phillips, PIMA Group, Dawn Pratson, Kate Seethaler, Margot Steinberg, and Annie Wilson. All artists are donating their pieces, and proceeds will go toward renovating Mascher’s performance floor.
The format of Ten Tiny Dances was created by Mike Barber in Portland, OR in 2002, and has been presented extensively across the United States. This iteration will be its Philadelphia premiere.
Since 2005, Mascher Space Cooperative has been a home for new dance in Philadelphia. Artist imagined, artist founded, artist shared and run, we are a nonprofit that provides affordable and versatile space to independent artists, and diverse performance and educational programming to the local community. Bound not by aesthetics, but a common commitment to working cooperatively, Mascher nurtures the development of its members at various stages in their careers, lines of research, and explorations.
Ten Tiny Dances: Mascher Space
Friday, October 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Mascher Space Cooperative, 155 Cecil B Moore Ave I Philadelphia, PA 19122 | 2nd floor, not ADA accessible
Tickets: $15-$50 Sliding Scale Purchase online on Dance Box Office at https://www.danceboxoffice.com/?page_id=1516
**some content may not be suitable for children
- Philly Kerplop, a supercrew of all styles dancers and musicians, presents Blaow! Cosmos? - November 16, 2019
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents Peter Pan, Nov 23-24 - October 7, 2019
- Perspectives A Presentation of New Work by Temple University Dance B.F.A. Seniors, Nov 22-23 - October 7, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - October 6, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 5, 2019