Join Mascher Space Cooperative, a home for new dance in Philadelphia, for a festive night of dynamic, daring, and diverse performances. In one evening, ten choreographers present short dances on a very small, 4’ x 4’ stage. It will include a sampling of some of the most innovative and exciting work being made in Philly’s independent dance scene.
Presenting choreographers are either current or former Mascher Artists in Residence working in a variety of styles. They include: Almanac Dance Circus Theatre, Christina Gesualdi, Curt Haworth, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Paige Phillips, PIMA Group, Dawn Pratson, Kate Seethaler, Margot Steinberg, and Annie Wilson. All artists are donating their pieces, and proceeds will go toward renovating Mascher’s performance floor.
The format of Ten Tiny Dances was created by Mike Barber in Portland, OR in 2002, and has been presented extensively across the United States. This iteration will be its Philadelphia premiere.
Since 2005, Mascher Space Cooperative has been a home for new dance in Philadelphia. Artist imagined, artist founded, artist shared and run, we are a nonprofit that provides affordable and versatile space to independent artists, and diverse performance and educational programming to the local community. Bound not by aesthetics, but a common commitment to working cooperatively, Mascher nurtures the development of its members at various stages in their careers, lines of research, and explorations.
Ten Tiny Dances: Mascher Space
Friday, October 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Mascher Space Cooperative, 155 Cecil B Moore Ave I Philadelphia, PA 19122 | 2nd floor, not ADA accessible
Tickets: $15-$50 Sliding Scale Purchase online on Dance Box Office at https://www.danceboxoffice.com/?page_id=1516
**some content may not be suitable for children
- University of the Arts School of Dance presents School for Temporary Liveness from Sept 25 – Oct 2 - September 18, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal in Dance Me featuring the Music of Leonard Cohen, Sept 26-28 - September 18, 2019
- Reflection:Response Choreographic Commission 2019 features kNots and Nests by Marion Ramírez - August 25, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - August 23, 2019
- Agama Indian Classical Arts Festival comes to Philadelphia, Sept 6-8 - August 21, 2019
- Elba Hevia y Vaca’s La Bolivianita to premiere at 2019 Fringe Festival, Sept 19-22 - August 13, 2019
- 2019 Women in Dance Leadership Conference , October 17-19 - August 12, 2019
- Ani/Malayaworks and Drum Like a Lady present Sunset CypHER at Bartram’s Garden, Sept 21 - August 10, 2019
- Lyons and Tigers presents Proceed with Caution in the 2019 Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Sept 20-22 - August 10, 2019
- the after-image debuts in Philly with RE: SHE a litany of adventures, Sept 13-22 - August 10, 2019