Join Mascher Space Cooperative, a home for new dance in Philadelphia, for a festive night of dynamic, daring, and diverse performances. In one evening, ten choreographers present short dances on a very small, 4’ x 4’ stage. It will include a sampling of some of the most innovative and exciting work being made in Philly’s independent dance scene.
Presenting choreographers are either current or former Mascher Artists in Residence working in a variety of styles. They include: Almanac Dance Circus Theatre, Christina Gesualdi, Curt Haworth, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Paige Phillips, PIMA Group, Dawn Pratson, Kate Seethaler, Margot Steinberg, and Annie Wilson. All artists are donating their pieces, and proceeds will go toward renovating Mascher’s performance floor.
The format of Ten Tiny Dances was created by Mike Barber in Portland, OR in 2002, and has been presented extensively across the United States. This iteration will be its Philadelphia premiere.
Since 2005, Mascher Space Cooperative has been a home for new dance in Philadelphia. Artist imagined, artist founded, artist shared and run, we are a nonprofit that provides affordable and versatile space to independent artists, and diverse performance and educational programming to the local community. Bound not by aesthetics, but a common commitment to working cooperatively, Mascher nurtures the development of its members at various stages in their careers, lines of research, and explorations.
Ten Tiny Dances: Mascher Space
Friday, October 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Mascher Space Cooperative, 155 Cecil B Moore Ave I Philadelphia, PA 19122 | 2nd floor, not ADA accessible
Tickets: $15-$50 Sliding Scale Purchase online on Dance Box Office at https://www.danceboxoffice.com/?page_id=1516
**some content may not be suitable for children
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020