Join Mascher Space Cooperative, a home for new dance in Philadelphia, for a festive night of dynamic, daring, and diverse performances. In one evening, ten choreographers present short dances on a very small, 4’ x 4’ stage. It will include a sampling of some of the most innovative and exciting work being made in Philly’s independent dance scene.
Presenting choreographers are either current or former Mascher Artists in Residence working in a variety of styles. They include: Almanac Dance Circus Theatre, Christina Gesualdi, Curt Haworth, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Paige Phillips, PIMA Group, Dawn Pratson, Kate Seethaler, Margot Steinberg, and Annie Wilson. All artists are donating their pieces, and proceeds will go toward renovating Mascher’s performance floor.
The format of Ten Tiny Dances was created by Mike Barber in Portland, OR in 2002, and has been presented extensively across the United States. This iteration will be its Philadelphia premiere.
Since 2005, Mascher Space Cooperative has been a home for new dance in Philadelphia. Artist imagined, artist founded, artist shared and run, we are a nonprofit that provides affordable and versatile space to independent artists, and diverse performance and educational programming to the local community. Bound not by aesthetics, but a common commitment to working cooperatively, Mascher nurtures the development of its members at various stages in their careers, lines of research, and explorations.
Ten Tiny Dances: Mascher Space
Friday, October 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM & 9:00 PM
Mascher Space Cooperative, 155 Cecil B Moore Ave I Philadelphia, PA 19122 | 2nd floor, not ADA accessible
Tickets: $15-$50 Sliding Scale Purchase online on Dance Box Office at https://www.danceboxoffice.com/?page_id=1516
**some content may not be suitable for children
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019
- Philadelphia hip-hop legend Rennie Harris’ new work Funkedified, June 7-8 - May 7, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre Brings Back Communitas: Five Years Later May 16-25 - May 7, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Season-Closer, Parsons Dance, May 10-11 - May 6, 2019