The Philly Sirens Dance Company LLC is excited to announce its 5-year anniversary celebration 50 Shades of Dance, an upcoming dance competition which will take place on Saturday, October 13 at The Victorian Banquet Hall, 4809 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia. 50 Shades of Dance offers dancers of all styles to compete for a chance to win a $500 grand prize. The event will also feature spoken word and musical performances from up-and-coming artists. This major networking events’ initiative is to bridge the gap in the dance community.
Celebrity judges include Emmy nominated choreographer Shane Sparks (You Got Served, America’s Best Dance Crew, So You Think You Can Dance), Akira Armstrong (Beyoncé, Janet Jackson), Tasha B. (Tamar Braxton, Migos) and Dee Truth (Invincible: a Glorious Tribute to Michael Jackson, Jasmine Sullivan).
“We are so excited to be able to present this kind of event to the tri-state area,” said Misa Blue, founder of the Philly Sirens. “There was no other way to celebrate our five-year anniversary but by bringing different dance groups together to hopefully encourage collaboration within the east coast.”
The Philly Sirens Dance Company is Philadelphia’s hottest 21 and over all female hip-hop dance company. Led under the direction of choreographer Misa Blue, the Philly Sirens consist of everyday working women, college students, wives and mothers. Versed in many styles of dance, the Philly Sirens promote women’s empowerment, sisterhood and the overall love for dance at any age, size, or race.
General admission tickets are $15, $20 at the door. VIP tickets with table seating are $35. To learn more about 50 Shades of Dance and the Philly Sirens, visit phillysirens.com
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020