The Philly Sirens Dance Company LLC is excited to announce its 5-year anniversary celebration 50 Shades of Dance, an upcoming dance competition which will take place on Saturday, October 13 at The Victorian Banquet Hall, 4809 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia. 50 Shades of Dance offers dancers of all styles to compete for a chance to win a $500 grand prize. The event will also feature spoken word and musical performances from up-and-coming artists. This major networking events’ initiative is to bridge the gap in the dance community.
Celebrity judges include Emmy nominated choreographer Shane Sparks (You Got Served, America’s Best Dance Crew, So You Think You Can Dance), Akira Armstrong (Beyoncé, Janet Jackson), Tasha B. (Tamar Braxton, Migos) and Dee Truth (Invincible: a Glorious Tribute to Michael Jackson, Jasmine Sullivan).
“We are so excited to be able to present this kind of event to the tri-state area,” said Misa Blue, founder of the Philly Sirens. “There was no other way to celebrate our five-year anniversary but by bringing different dance groups together to hopefully encourage collaboration within the east coast.”
The Philly Sirens Dance Company is Philadelphia’s hottest 21 and over all female hip-hop dance company. Led under the direction of choreographer Misa Blue, the Philly Sirens consist of everyday working women, college students, wives and mothers. Versed in many styles of dance, the Philly Sirens promote women’s empowerment, sisterhood and the overall love for dance at any age, size, or race.
General admission tickets are $15, $20 at the door. VIP tickets with table seating are $35. To learn more about 50 Shades of Dance and the Philly Sirens, visit phillysirens.com
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019
- Philadelphia hip-hop legend Rennie Harris’ new work Funkedified, June 7-8 - May 7, 2019