The Philly Sirens Dance Company LLC is excited to announce its 5-year anniversary celebration 50 Shades of Dance, an upcoming dance competition which will take place on Saturday, October 13 at The Victorian Banquet Hall, 4809 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia. 50 Shades of Dance offers dancers of all styles to compete for a chance to win a $500 grand prize. The event will also feature spoken word and musical performances from up-and-coming artists. This major networking events’ initiative is to bridge the gap in the dance community.
Celebrity judges include Emmy nominated choreographer Shane Sparks (You Got Served, America’s Best Dance Crew, So You Think You Can Dance), Akira Armstrong (Beyoncé, Janet Jackson), Tasha B. (Tamar Braxton, Migos) and Dee Truth (Invincible: a Glorious Tribute to Michael Jackson, Jasmine Sullivan).
“We are so excited to be able to present this kind of event to the tri-state area,” said Misa Blue, founder of the Philly Sirens. “There was no other way to celebrate our five-year anniversary but by bringing different dance groups together to hopefully encourage collaboration within the east coast.”
The Philly Sirens Dance Company is Philadelphia’s hottest 21 and over all female hip-hop dance company. Led under the direction of choreographer Misa Blue, the Philly Sirens consist of everyday working women, college students, wives and mothers. Versed in many styles of dance, the Philly Sirens promote women’s empowerment, sisterhood and the overall love for dance at any age, size, or race.
General admission tickets are $15, $20 at the door. VIP tickets with table seating are $35. To learn more about 50 Shades of Dance and the Philly Sirens, visit phillysirens.com
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020