The Philly Sirens Dance Company LLC is excited to announce its 5-year anniversary celebration 50 Shades of Dance, an upcoming dance competition which will take place on Saturday, October 13 at The Victorian Banquet Hall, 4809 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia. 50 Shades of Dance offers dancers of all styles to compete for a chance to win a $500 grand prize. The event will also feature spoken word and musical performances from up-and-coming artists. This major networking events’ initiative is to bridge the gap in the dance community.
Celebrity judges include Emmy nominated choreographer Shane Sparks (You Got Served, America’s Best Dance Crew, So You Think You Can Dance), Akira Armstrong (Beyoncé, Janet Jackson), Tasha B. (Tamar Braxton, Migos) and Dee Truth (Invincible: a Glorious Tribute to Michael Jackson, Jasmine Sullivan).
“We are so excited to be able to present this kind of event to the tri-state area,” said Misa Blue, founder of the Philly Sirens. “There was no other way to celebrate our five-year anniversary but by bringing different dance groups together to hopefully encourage collaboration within the east coast.”
The Philly Sirens Dance Company is Philadelphia’s hottest 21 and over all female hip-hop dance company. Led under the direction of choreographer Misa Blue, the Philly Sirens consist of everyday working women, college students, wives and mothers. Versed in many styles of dance, the Philly Sirens promote women’s empowerment, sisterhood and the overall love for dance at any age, size, or race.
General admission tickets are $15, $20 at the door. VIP tickets with table seating are $35. To learn more about 50 Shades of Dance and the Philly Sirens, visit phillysirens.com
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Ephrat Asherie, February 7-8 - January 22, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents Paul Taylor Dance Company, January 24-25 - January 17, 2020
- BeijingDance/LDTX premieres at Drexel, Feb. 14 & 15 - January 13, 2020
- A multi-generational cast of women come together in HOMEbody, Feb 22 - January 10, 2020
- Cunningham opens in Philadelphia - January 9, 2020
- Soledad Barrio & Noche Flamenca Return to Philadelphia, Jan 15 – Feb 2 - January 9, 2020
- Nickerson-Rossi Dance offers a Performance and Educational Dance Series, Jan 17-19 - December 31, 2019
- The International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD) comes to Philadelphia, Jan 14-19 - December 20, 2019
- Philadelphia Dance Projects (PDP) presents DANCE UP CLOSE, Jan 22-23 & Feb 26-27 - December 19, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents PHILADANCO’s Xmas Philes, Dec. 12-14 - December 5, 2019