by Steven Weisz for The Dance Journal
Tangle Movement Arts offered a rich, multi-layered and textured performance with In The Forest at the Rotunda in West Philadelphia as part of the FringeArts Festival. I have seen several of their productions over the years but this was by far the most complex and well executed of performances. It was literally a feast for the senses with beautifully choreographed movement, a carefully woven story, aerial dance and acrobatics, six different sets all running simultaneously, and thousands of yards of fabric and yarn to captivate an audience.
Featured performers were Kate Aid, Samee Kirk, Rebecca MoDavis, Najwa Parkins, Lauren Rile Smith, Pascale Smith, Meredith Rosenthal, Noa Schnitzer, Lee Thompson, and Dena Weisberg. Set and Prop design by Jenna Reece; Tech Design by Lea Deutsch and Audio Tech Design by Michael Ermilio; Lighting Design by Kae Greenberg.
The performance runs through Saturday, September 15th with two shows at 3 pm and 8 pm. Tickets and information at https://fringearts.com/event/in-the-forest-4/
- Presenting Dance As We Consider Reopening Post-Pandemic - May 20, 2020
- Stories From The Dance Front Lines - May 13, 2020
- Severe Budget Cuts To The Arts In Philadelphia Will Have A Much Wider Impact Than Just Our Economic Recovery - May 2, 2020
- WEEK 4 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – Seaworthy - April 25, 2020
- Going Forward, An Opportunity To Re-Frame Post-Pandemic - April 21, 2020
- WEEK 3 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – birdskin - April 18, 2020
- Editorial: I am not a pessimist nor optimist but a realist – getting our community started once again - April 15, 2020
- WEEK 2 WINNER – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – I put myself in a box now I don’t know how to get out - April 11, 2020
- Disciphering the Paycheck Protection Program – April 10th opens to independent contractors and self-employed individuals - April 10, 2020
- WEEK 1 Winner – SOLO BUT NOT ALONE, Online Dance Festival – Hand at the Museum - April 4, 2020