The Back Pack makes their Philadelphia debut with DRAWN OUT in 2018 Fringe Festival. A fast-paced movement-based comedy extravaganza creatively combines non-spoken performance, music, dance, and media. The Back Pack’s imaginative style has been described as a live-action cartoon, unmatched in its cleverness, and pure entertainment that will leave you with a smile on your face and a glow in your heart. Drawn Out is a series of pieces from over a decade of original work, pulled into a single evening, including the namesake How To Wear Your Back Pack, which originated The Back Pack’s unique brand of storytelling featuring line drawings on large pads of paper strapped to the performers, coupled with movement and dance.
The Back Pack is a physical comedy troupe that has been together performing whimsical non-spoken sketch comedy shows on stage since their days at The University of Montana, beginning in 2008. All of their work is original; created and performed entirely by the four members of the group. They have been awarded two B. Iden Payne awards from the B. Iden Payne council, and four Best of Fest accolades from Frontera Fest. This production, Drawn Out, uses The Back Pack’s unique brand of storytelling featuring line drawings on large pads of paper strapped to the performers, coupled with movement and dance. Their work also incorporates clowning, puppetry, shadows, animation, foley, and whatever else their hearts desire. The Back Pack currently creates and performs in The Back Pack Co-Lab in East Austin. The group is comprised of Pete Betcher, Katie Kohler, Justin Morley, and Jeremiah Rosenberger.
The show takes place at the Philly Improv Theater at the Adrienne, 2030 Samson Street, on Sept. 7th at 6pm, Sept. 8th at 2pm, Sept. 9th at 7pm, Sept. 10th at 7pm, Sept. 11th at 9pm, and Sept. 12th through the 14th at 6pm. Tickets are available online at https://fringearts.com/event/drawn-out/
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020