Artistic Director, Michael Nickerson-Rossi of Nickerson-Rossi Dance newest work, Full Throttle, will take place at Philadelphia’s Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia on Friday, August 10th at 8:30 pm. Join the company and guest artists for a VIP pre-show champagne reception from 7:30-8:30 prior to the performance.
Full Throttle will include a newly crafted choreographic journey with dancers from Nickerson-Rossi Dance summer series project “The Lab,” and “Eterno Ritorno”, a quintet created by Martha Graham Dance Company Soloist, Lorenzo Pagano. Also on the bill is “Celestial Spirit” created by critically acclaimed guest choreographer Jamie Nichols (Palm Springs Dance Festival 2018 Audience Choice Recipient) and danced by Nickerson-Rossi Dance West soloist, Heidi Buehler. A powerful female duet from Nickerson-Rossi Dance’s repertoire entitled, “With”, choreographed by Michael Nickerson-Rossi will be featured along with “Second Skin” which premiered in Torino, Italy at the Teatro Regio in 2016, danced by Lorenzo Pagano, and Chad Allen Ortiz.
Nickerson-Rossi Dance was founded in 2012, by Michael Nickerson-Rossi, and is a bi-coastal company with hubs in Philadelphia, Palm Springs and Los Angeles, California. Artistic Director, Michael Nickerson-Rossi’s work is filled with complex intricacies that unravel with an orchestrated mixture of movement and dramatic freedom.
Nickerson-Rossi Dance has performed works at renowned venues as well as being commissioned by Maserati of the Main Line, Porsche of the Main Line, The Annenberg Theatre in Palm Springs, CA., Long Beach Museum of Art, Celebrate Dance at the Alex Theatre, Cape Cod Dance Festival in the Province and Amphitheater, Marsee Theatre – Center for the Arts, McCallum Theatre, Barclay Theatre, New York Live Arts, the Royal Theater (Teatro Regio, Torino, Italy), among many others. Most recently, Nickerson-Rossi Dance was nominated for the 20th Annual Choreography Award at the McCallum Theater in Palm Desert California, with “Second Skin.” Nickerson –Rossi’s work has been commissioned for performances at Alex Theater, McCallum Theatre, Annenberg Theater, Marsee Theater – Center for the Arts, Royal Theater (Teatro Regio, Torino, Italy), New York Live Arts, Barclay Theater, among many others. He is the founder and Artistic Director of the Palm Springs Dance Festival.
Nickerson-Rossi Dance presents Full Throttle
Friday, August 10th at 8:30 pm
Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia
Tickets $20 General Admission | $50 VIP Reception | $10 Children
Online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nickerson-rossi-dance-in-full-throttle-tickets-46000391409
- Pennsylvania Ballet Launches Fall Digital Season - October 29, 2020
- PDP Presents Christopher Williams’ Informance, Nov 11 - October 26, 2020
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020