Artistic Director, Michael Nickerson-Rossi of Nickerson-Rossi Dance newest work, Full Throttle, will take place at Philadelphia’s Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia on Friday, August 10th at 8:30 pm. Join the company and guest artists for a VIP pre-show champagne reception from 7:30-8:30 prior to the performance.
Full Throttle will include a newly crafted choreographic journey with dancers from Nickerson-Rossi Dance summer series project “The Lab,” and “Eterno Ritorno”, a quintet created by Martha Graham Dance Company Soloist, Lorenzo Pagano. Also on the bill is “Celestial Spirit” created by critically acclaimed guest choreographer Jamie Nichols (Palm Springs Dance Festival 2018 Audience Choice Recipient) and danced by Nickerson-Rossi Dance West soloist, Heidi Buehler. A powerful female duet from Nickerson-Rossi Dance’s repertoire entitled, “With”, choreographed by Michael Nickerson-Rossi will be featured along with “Second Skin” which premiered in Torino, Italy at the Teatro Regio in 2016, danced by Lorenzo Pagano, and Chad Allen Ortiz.
Nickerson-Rossi Dance was founded in 2012, by Michael Nickerson-Rossi, and is a bi-coastal company with hubs in Philadelphia, Palm Springs and Los Angeles, California. Artistic Director, Michael Nickerson-Rossi’s work is filled with complex intricacies that unravel with an orchestrated mixture of movement and dramatic freedom.
Nickerson-Rossi Dance has performed works at renowned venues as well as being commissioned by Maserati of the Main Line, Porsche of the Main Line, The Annenberg Theatre in Palm Springs, CA., Long Beach Museum of Art, Celebrate Dance at the Alex Theatre, Cape Cod Dance Festival in the Province and Amphitheater, Marsee Theatre – Center for the Arts, McCallum Theatre, Barclay Theatre, New York Live Arts, the Royal Theater (Teatro Regio, Torino, Italy), among many others. Most recently, Nickerson-Rossi Dance was nominated for the 20th Annual Choreography Award at the McCallum Theater in Palm Desert California, with “Second Skin.” Nickerson –Rossi’s work has been commissioned for performances at Alex Theater, McCallum Theatre, Annenberg Theater, Marsee Theater – Center for the Arts, Royal Theater (Teatro Regio, Torino, Italy), New York Live Arts, Barclay Theater, among many others. He is the founder and Artistic Director of the Palm Springs Dance Festival.
Nickerson-Rossi Dance presents Full Throttle
Friday, August 10th at 8:30 pm
Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia
Tickets $20 General Admission | $50 VIP Reception | $10 Children
Online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nickerson-rossi-dance-in-full-throttle-tickets-46000391409
- The Annenberg Center Presents PHILADANCO’s Xmas Philes, Dec. 12-14 - December 5, 2019
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® Returns to Pennsylvania Ballet, Dec 6-31 - November 27, 2019
- BalletX Presents Fall Series 2019, Dec 4-15 - November 27, 2019
- Philly Kerplop, a supercrew of all styles dancers and musicians, presents Blaow! Cosmos? - November 16, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - November 14, 2019
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019