Experience Philadelphia in a wild new way through the unique hybrid performance art tour Tape Riot from innovative dance and performance company Asphalt Piloten. Direct from Switzerland, Tape Riot takes audiences on a surreal tour through the City of Brotherly Love as they are guided by – you guessed it – bits of tape! A part of the Kimmel Center’s 2018 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts, Tape Riot will take audiences on a unique walking tour of Philadelphia, starting at a secret location shared with ticket buyers the day before the performance, June 5-8, 2018. Complete with electronic soundscapes, this performance will change the way public spaces are seen – and perhaps the very definition of performance.
“Philadelphia is a city of hidden gems that provides visitors and residents with wonderful experiences and lasting memories year round,” said Ed Cambron, Executive Vice President of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “But during the unpredictable and surprise-filled performance of Tape Riot, audiences will experience a unique walking tour of Philadelphia in a way they never have before. I’m thrilled to welcome Tape Riot during PIFA 2018.”
Without the constraints of a theatrical performance structure, this hybrid performance art tour permits audience members freedom of movement throughout the City. Audiences will be guided through a journey leaving artistic traces of tape as hints along the way. Experiencing morsels of artistry from a quartet of artists that combine electronic soundscapes will create a dynamic performance that undulates through the City of Brotherly Love.
June 5, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 6, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 7, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 8, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $20.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-and-tickets/201718/pifa/pifa-2018/, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling 215-790-5883.
- Philly Kerplop, a supercrew of all styles dancers and musicians, presents Blaow! Cosmos? - November 16, 2019
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents Peter Pan, Nov 23-24 - October 7, 2019
- Perspectives A Presentation of New Work by Temple University Dance B.F.A. Seniors, Nov 22-23 - October 7, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - October 6, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 5, 2019