Experience Philadelphia in a wild new way through the unique hybrid performance art tour Tape Riot from innovative dance and performance company Asphalt Piloten. Direct from Switzerland, Tape Riot takes audiences on a surreal tour through the City of Brotherly Love as they are guided by – you guessed it – bits of tape! A part of the Kimmel Center’s 2018 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts, Tape Riot will take audiences on a unique walking tour of Philadelphia, starting at a secret location shared with ticket buyers the day before the performance, June 5-8, 2018. Complete with electronic soundscapes, this performance will change the way public spaces are seen – and perhaps the very definition of performance.
“Philadelphia is a city of hidden gems that provides visitors and residents with wonderful experiences and lasting memories year round,” said Ed Cambron, Executive Vice President of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “But during the unpredictable and surprise-filled performance of Tape Riot, audiences will experience a unique walking tour of Philadelphia in a way they never have before. I’m thrilled to welcome Tape Riot during PIFA 2018.”
Without the constraints of a theatrical performance structure, this hybrid performance art tour permits audience members freedom of movement throughout the City. Audiences will be guided through a journey leaving artistic traces of tape as hints along the way. Experiencing morsels of artistry from a quartet of artists that combine electronic soundscapes will create a dynamic performance that undulates through the City of Brotherly Love.
June 5, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 6, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 7, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 8, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $20.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-and-tickets/201718/pifa/pifa-2018/, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling 215-790-5883.
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019
- Philadelphia hip-hop legend Rennie Harris’ new work Funkedified, June 7-8 - May 7, 2019