Experience Philadelphia in a wild new way through the unique hybrid performance art tour Tape Riot from innovative dance and performance company Asphalt Piloten. Direct from Switzerland, Tape Riot takes audiences on a surreal tour through the City of Brotherly Love as they are guided by – you guessed it – bits of tape! A part of the Kimmel Center’s 2018 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts, Tape Riot will take audiences on a unique walking tour of Philadelphia, starting at a secret location shared with ticket buyers the day before the performance, June 5-8, 2018. Complete with electronic soundscapes, this performance will change the way public spaces are seen – and perhaps the very definition of performance.
“Philadelphia is a city of hidden gems that provides visitors and residents with wonderful experiences and lasting memories year round,” said Ed Cambron, Executive Vice President of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “But during the unpredictable and surprise-filled performance of Tape Riot, audiences will experience a unique walking tour of Philadelphia in a way they never have before. I’m thrilled to welcome Tape Riot during PIFA 2018.”
Without the constraints of a theatrical performance structure, this hybrid performance art tour permits audience members freedom of movement throughout the City. Audiences will be guided through a journey leaving artistic traces of tape as hints along the way. Experiencing morsels of artistry from a quartet of artists that combine electronic soundscapes will create a dynamic performance that undulates through the City of Brotherly Love.
June 5, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 6, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 7, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
June 8, 2018, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $20.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-and-tickets/201718/pifa/pifa-2018/, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling 215-790-5883.
- Pennsylvania Ballet Launches Fall Digital Season - October 29, 2020
- PDP Presents Christopher Williams’ Informance, Nov 11 - October 26, 2020
- Boyer College of Music and Dance presents: Altered Tastes An MFA Thesis Concert by Megan Bridge & Rachel DeForrest Repinz, Nov 6 - October 22, 2020
- BalletX World Premiere Event Will Feature Three Short Films by Robbie Fairchild, Amy Hall Garner, Mariana Oliveira, Nov 18 - October 22, 2020
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Program presents The Porch: A Studio Dialogue with Nia Love and Fred Moten, Nov 12 - October 21, 2020
- Artist Chats with Roni Koresh: Creativity in Times of COVID - October 19, 2020
- PDP’s online Informances continue with Dr. Lynn Matluck Brooks, Oct 28 - October 14, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Pam Tanowitz Dance, Livestreamed Thursday, October 15 - October 8, 2020
- KYL/D’s Inhale Performance Series Takes On A New Format, Oct 24 - October 1, 2020
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020