New York City’s Streb Extreme Action, from MacArthur Genius Award winner Elizabeth Streb, makes its Philadelphia debut with wildly popular stunt show SEA Singular Extreme Actions, June 5 – 7, 2018 at the Perelman Theater. SEA features daredevil feats suitable for the whole family including airborne action, stacking performers, an adult- strength teeter-totter that challenges the limits of the movement spectrum, and much more. Prepare to witness this acrobatic kaleidoscope of movement that The New York Times says is “impossible to look away!” from during the 2018 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA).
“We pride ourselves on bringing diverse performances to our stages. SEA creates daring spectacles utilizing their bodies and avant-garde materials,” said Anne Ewers, President and CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “The programming offered during the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts is guaranteed to wow our audiences on every level.”
Watch as the laws of physics are put to the test at SEA (Singular Extreme Actions), a Philadelphia premiere event from the mind of MacArthur Genius Award winner Elizabeth Streb. Human bodies careen through, around, and above a physical set, thrilling audiences with athleticism and a healthy dose of bravery. Equal parts dance, acrobatics, gymnastics, and daredevil stunt work, SEA is a kaleidoscope of movement where every performer is dubbed an “action hero.” Elizabeth Streb, queen of “extreme action,” has dived through glass, allowed a ton of dirt to fall on her head, walked down the façade of London’s City Hall, and set herself on fire. More than 30 years old, her company STREB has collaborated with Cirque du Soleil and been featured during the Olympic Games.
SEA (Singular Extreme Actions)
June 5, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
June 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
June 7, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $29.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-and-tickets/201718/pifa/pifa-2018/, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling 215-790-5883.
***photo credit: Teresa Wood
- Philly Kerplop, a supercrew of all styles dancers and musicians, presents Blaow! Cosmos? - November 16, 2019
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Metropolitan Ballet Company presents Peter Pan, Nov 23-24 - October 7, 2019
- Perspectives A Presentation of New Work by Temple University Dance B.F.A. Seniors, Nov 22-23 - October 7, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - October 6, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 5, 2019