New York City’s Streb Extreme Action, from MacArthur Genius Award winner Elizabeth Streb, makes its Philadelphia debut with wildly popular stunt show SEA Singular Extreme Actions, June 5 – 7, 2018 at the Perelman Theater. SEA features daredevil feats suitable for the whole family including airborne action, stacking performers, an adult- strength teeter-totter that challenges the limits of the movement spectrum, and much more. Prepare to witness this acrobatic kaleidoscope of movement that The New York Times says is “impossible to look away!” from during the 2018 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA).
“We pride ourselves on bringing diverse performances to our stages. SEA creates daring spectacles utilizing their bodies and avant-garde materials,” said Anne Ewers, President and CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “The programming offered during the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts is guaranteed to wow our audiences on every level.”
Watch as the laws of physics are put to the test at SEA (Singular Extreme Actions), a Philadelphia premiere event from the mind of MacArthur Genius Award winner Elizabeth Streb. Human bodies careen through, around, and above a physical set, thrilling audiences with athleticism and a healthy dose of bravery. Equal parts dance, acrobatics, gymnastics, and daredevil stunt work, SEA is a kaleidoscope of movement where every performer is dubbed an “action hero.” Elizabeth Streb, queen of “extreme action,” has dived through glass, allowed a ton of dirt to fall on her head, walked down the façade of London’s City Hall, and set herself on fire. More than 30 years old, her company STREB has collaborated with Cirque du Soleil and been featured during the Olympic Games.
SEA (Singular Extreme Actions)
June 5, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
June 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
June 7, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $29.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-and-tickets/201718/pifa/pifa-2018/, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling 215-790-5883.
***photo credit: Teresa Wood
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020