BalletX, Philadelphia’s premier contemporary ballet company, will host a Community Day in its new home, the Center for World Premiere Choreography at 1923 Washington Avenue on Saturday, June 2 from 9:30am to 6:00pm. The company, led by Christine Cox, has conceived its new 5,000 square foot studio and administrative home as a place of innovation, creation, inclusion, and education. Community Day is an opportunity for friends and neighbors to get a sneak peek of the Center and enjoy a day full of FREE classes for all ages. Participants in Community Day will be able to register in-person for BalletX’s Fall 2018 dance class offerings, starting September 4, ahead of the online registration date July 2.
“BalletX has moved into our new home and we are thrilled to be planting our roots in our Philadelphia community. I am excited about June 2nd because we open our doors to meet our neighbors, and share in our combined passion for dance,” says Cox.
In addition to serving as the site of education and community initiatives, BalletX’s Center for World Premiere Choreography is the company’s new administrative and rehearsal headquarters, hosting choreographers and dance artists from around the world as the company continues to build its repertory of over 65 world premiere ballets.
Community Day FREE Class Schedule
9:30-AM-10:15AM I Toddler & Me with Stephanie Stevens I Caregivers and Toddlers Ages 1-2
10:15AM-11:00AM I Creative Movement with Stephanie Stevens I Ages 3-6
11:00PM-12:30PM I Ballet with Christine Cox I Teen & Adult
12:30PM-1:45PM I Dance and Movement with Sharon Friedler and Jon Sherman I Ages 55+
1:45PM-2:45PM I Dance eXchange Chanel Holland and Amelia Estrada I Ages 6-12
3:00PM-4:00PM I Afro Street Grooves with Bryant Lee I Teen & Adult
4:00PM-5:00PM I Contemporary with Gary W. Jeter II I Teen & Adult
5:00PM-6:00PM I Hip Hop with Raphael Xavier I Teen & Adult
Community Day Class Reservations are Required
To secure your spot, RSVP at https://www.balletx.org/
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020