Diane Sharp-Nachsin and SHARP Dance Company present Act One/Act Two in collaboration with other companies on April 27th at 8 pm and April 28th at 5 pm and 8 pm at The Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street in Philadelphia.
After reviewing numerous applications, SHARP chose Blythe Contemporary Ballet and Project Moshen to perform in their spring production. These two women-run companies will grace the stage opening Act one and Act two. The night will also include premieres of two SHARP pieces, an aerial dance called Beautiful Day and a fun-loving piece with a 50’s flare called Gender Bender. In addition, SHARP will be bringing back several favorite repertoire pieces including Gia and Pieces of U, a collaboration with Photographer Kylene Cleaver. Lastly, rounding out the program, SHARP will be performing “Phantom Others” choreographed by Steven Vaughn, a former Parsons Dance Company and SHARP Dance Company member.
SHARP Dance Company is a seven-member modern dance company based out of Philadelphia, PA. SHARP performs nationally and internationally and has been seen in such festivals as the: Bedfringe (UK), Chicago Fringe, Phoenix Fringe, Seacoast Fringe, Cool NY, STEPS Performance Lab (NY), Fringe Wilmington and the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA). Artistic Director Diane Sharp-Nachsin was also named a BAU Fellow in Italy in June 2013.
SHARP strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
Act One/Act Two
SHARP Dance Company
with Blythe Contemporary Ballet and Project Moshen
April 27, 2018 at 8:00 pm
April 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm & 8:00 pm
Tickets on sale at www.sharpdance.org
Photo Credit: Bill Hebert
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020