Diane Sharp-Nachsin and SHARP Dance Company present Act One/Act Two in collaboration with other companies on April 27th at 8 pm and April 28th at 5 pm and 8 pm at The Performance Garage located at 1515 Brandywine Street in Philadelphia.
After reviewing numerous applications, SHARP chose Blythe Contemporary Ballet and Project Moshen to perform in their spring production. These two women-run companies will grace the stage opening Act one and Act two. The night will also include premieres of two SHARP pieces, an aerial dance called Beautiful Day and a fun-loving piece with a 50’s flare called Gender Bender. In addition, SHARP will be bringing back several favorite repertoire pieces including Gia and Pieces of U, a collaboration with Photographer Kylene Cleaver. Lastly, rounding out the program, SHARP will be performing “Phantom Others” choreographed by Steven Vaughn, a former Parsons Dance Company and SHARP Dance Company member.
SHARP Dance Company is a seven-member modern dance company based out of Philadelphia, PA. SHARP performs nationally and internationally and has been seen in such festivals as the: Bedfringe (UK), Chicago Fringe, Phoenix Fringe, Seacoast Fringe, Cool NY, STEPS Performance Lab (NY), Fringe Wilmington and the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA). Artistic Director Diane Sharp-Nachsin was also named a BAU Fellow in Italy in June 2013.
SHARP strives to bring together a company of strong dancers to perform work with a new vision. Their mission is to translate raw human emotion utilizing contemporary movement to connect the audience through individual interpretation. With a theory of “meaning behind movement”, which is shown prominently throughout their work, SHARP believes dance should be more than a performance, it should be an experience.
Act One/Act Two
SHARP Dance Company
with Blythe Contemporary Ballet and Project Moshen
April 27, 2018 at 8:00 pm
April 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm & 8:00 pm
Tickets on sale at www.sharpdance.org
Photo Credit: Bill Hebert
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020