The Rock School for Dance Education will host BEAU SOIR, a May 4, 2018, Gala, celebrating the life of the late Dr. Milton L. Rock, featuring a world-premiere performance with The Curtis Institute of Music.
Beau Soir will host the 10th annual Rock School/ The Curtis Institute of Music collaboration, a partnership envisioned by Rock School founding patriarch, Dr. Milton Rock. Two world-renowned cultural institutions in Philadelphia–The Rock School for Dance Education and The Curtis Institute of Music will perform The Lotus Told Me, a world premiere choreographed by Rock School’s Justin Allen set to an original score composed by Curtis Institute of Music student-composer, Wei Dai, and performed by Rock School dancers with a live chamber orchestra from the Curtis Institute. The evening performance presentation will also include vignettes from our conservatory ballet students, and performances by guest alumni at the Independence Seaport Museum.
Beau Soir applauds Dr. Milton Rock for his dedication and support, which has helped elevate The Rock School’s reputation to the prestigious ballet and dance school it is today. Proceeds from the event will support the Milton L. Rock Scholarship for Dance Education. The Rock School Scholarship program benefits students from underserved communities locally, nationally and internationally. The Rock School’s RockAcademics program provides dance scholars with high school and college preparatory education at the RockCenter on Broad Street in Philadelphia.
Tickets (limited availability) & more information at https://www.therockschool.org/benefit-gala-auction/
- Founder of Community Bollywood Dance Project takes on a new role as Program Director of Dancing Classrooms Philly - September 24, 2020
- Philadelphia’s Rennie Harris Receives 2020 Doris Duke Artist Award - September 17, 2020
- Choreographer, Tommie-Waheed Evans to be featured in PDP’s Informance, Oct 14th - September 14, 2020
- The Way Out: pandemic-proof live Fringe show in a graveyard, Oct.1-3 - September 9, 2020
- Connecting the Distance takes you on a dance video interactive walking tour, Sept 10 – Oct 4 - September 4, 2020
- Britt Whitmoyer Fishel brings allowed|aloud to FringeArts, Oct 2-4 - September 1, 2020
- Evalina “Wally” Carbonell and Weiwei Ma present BLOOD, Sept 24-27 - August 30, 2020
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - August 11, 2020
- Choreographer Megan Mazarick launches PDP’S online Informance series, Sept 9th - August 10, 2020