The Rock School for Dance Education will host BEAU SOIR, a May 4, 2018, Gala, celebrating the life of the late Dr. Milton L. Rock, featuring a world-premiere performance with The Curtis Institute of Music.
Beau Soir will host the 10th annual Rock School/ The Curtis Institute of Music collaboration, a partnership envisioned by Rock School founding patriarch, Dr. Milton Rock. Two world-renowned cultural institutions in Philadelphia–The Rock School for Dance Education and The Curtis Institute of Music will perform The Lotus Told Me, a world premiere choreographed by Rock School’s Justin Allen set to an original score composed by Curtis Institute of Music student-composer, Wei Dai, and performed by Rock School dancers with a live chamber orchestra from the Curtis Institute. The evening performance presentation will also include vignettes from our conservatory ballet students, and performances by guest alumni at the Independence Seaport Museum.
Beau Soir applauds Dr. Milton Rock for his dedication and support, which has helped elevate The Rock School’s reputation to the prestigious ballet and dance school it is today. Proceeds from the event will support the Milton L. Rock Scholarship for Dance Education. The Rock School Scholarship program benefits students from underserved communities locally, nationally and internationally. The Rock School’s RockAcademics program provides dance scholars with high school and college preparatory education at the RockCenter on Broad Street in Philadelphia.
Tickets (limited availability) & more information at https://www.therockschool.org/benefit-gala-auction/
- Foreign Tongues by Liquid Loft, March 11-12 - February 12, 2020
- Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de SILVIA LOZANO, March 12 - February 12, 2020
- 5th Annual Opine Dance Film Festival, March 20 & 21 - February 11, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects’ DANCE UP CLOSE – Mazarick & Ramirez - January 28, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Ephrat Asherie, February 7-8 - January 22, 2020
- The Annenberg Center Presents Paul Taylor Dance Company, January 24-25 - January 17, 2020
- A multi-generational cast of women come together in HOMEbody, Feb 22 - January 10, 2020
- Cunningham opens in Philadelphia - January 9, 2020
- Soledad Barrio & Noche Flamenca Return to Philadelphia, Jan 15 – Feb 2 - January 9, 2020
- Nickerson-Rossi Dance offers a Performance and Educational Dance Series, Jan 17-19 - December 31, 2019