HERstory will take place on March 30th at 7:30 pm at Fleisher Art Memorial, 719 Catharine St, Phila., as part of Women’s History Month celebration. HERstory is the collaboration of dance artist, Annielille Gavino, and filmmaker, Jasmine Lynea. The work which was originally created and presented at the 2017 Philadelphia Fringe Festival with the support of the Small But Mighty Arts Grant.
HER story will be deconstructed for the art gallery and sanctuary setting at the Fleisher Art Memorial. This will offer an immersive performance for the audience as opposed to the usual proscenium performance setting. The cast consists of Poet Lenora Elaine, singer Maya Simone, and dancers Shanel Edwards, Nyasha George, Ashley Johnson, Chloe Marie, Amanda Edwards, Whitney Casal, Keila Perez-Vega, Joe Gonzales, and Evalina Carbonell. The event is Free but a $10 donation is strongly encouraged to support the artists.
Filipino native, Annielille Gavino danced professionally with the Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Ensemble ( CO ), Dallas Black Dance Theatre, and worked with legendary choreographers such as Katherine Dunham, Donald McKayle, Eleo Pomare, Alonzo King, Ronald K. Brown, Chuck Davis, David Rousseve and many others. She currently dances with Kun- Yang- Lin/Dancers. Her interdisciplinary dance projects under the umbrella of Malayaworks ( named after her daughter ) are creative platforms for socio-cultural- political dialogue. Annielille’s works have been commissioned by Dance Place DC and Appomattox Governors School for the Arts, and have been supported by Small but Mighty Art Grant.
Jasmine Lynea is an Independent Film Director/Producer/Photographer/Videographer/Editor, based in NYC and PHL. Since graduating from Temple University, Jasmine has remained incredibly consistent in developing her craft in media production by directing, producing or editing, music videos, short-films, promos or documentaries.
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020