HERstory will take place on March 30th at 7:30 pm at Fleisher Art Memorial, 719 Catharine St, Phila., as part of Women’s History Month celebration. HERstory is the collaboration of dance artist, Annielille Gavino, and filmmaker, Jasmine Lynea. The work which was originally created and presented at the 2017 Philadelphia Fringe Festival with the support of the Small But Mighty Arts Grant.
HER story will be deconstructed for the art gallery and sanctuary setting at the Fleisher Art Memorial. This will offer an immersive performance for the audience as opposed to the usual proscenium performance setting. The cast consists of Poet Lenora Elaine, singer Maya Simone, and dancers Shanel Edwards, Nyasha George, Ashley Johnson, Chloe Marie, Amanda Edwards, Whitney Casal, Keila Perez-Vega, Joe Gonzales, and Evalina Carbonell. The event is Free but a $10 donation is strongly encouraged to support the artists.
Filipino native, Annielille Gavino danced professionally with the Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Ensemble ( CO ), Dallas Black Dance Theatre, and worked with legendary choreographers such as Katherine Dunham, Donald McKayle, Eleo Pomare, Alonzo King, Ronald K. Brown, Chuck Davis, David Rousseve and many others. She currently dances with Kun- Yang- Lin/Dancers. Her interdisciplinary dance projects under the umbrella of Malayaworks ( named after her daughter ) are creative platforms for socio-cultural- political dialogue. Annielille’s works have been commissioned by Dance Place DC and Appomattox Governors School for the Arts, and have been supported by Small but Mighty Art Grant.
Jasmine Lynea is an Independent Film Director/Producer/Photographer/Videographer/Editor, based in NYC and PHL. Since graduating from Temple University, Jasmine has remained incredibly consistent in developing her craft in media production by directing, producing or editing, music videos, short-films, promos or documentaries.
- Take It Away Dance returns to the Philly Fringe with a full month of tap dance and jazz music concerts live-streamed on Sunday afternoons - August 11, 2020
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020