Christina Eltvedt, candidate for a Master of Fine Arts degree from Temple University, will present “Threads of Perception”, a dance installation performance on March 24th + 25th, 2018 at 3PM at The MAAS Building at 1325 N. Randolph Street in Philadelphia. Admission is free and donations will be accepted at the door.
Set in a surreal atmosphere of jumbled domesticity, “Threads of Perception”, explores the idiosyncrasy of perception and the complexity of human relationships. Tethered to their environment by ropes made of multiple strands of yarn, three figures explore their personal limits in relation to each other. As they cross paths and interact, they become increasingly more entangled.
The work will feature dancers Elizabeth June Bergman, Avi Wolf Borouchoff, and Christina Eltvedt. Set design by Emily Schuman and Alicia Crosby. Costumes by Julia Haines.
Christina Eltvedt is a multidisciplinary artist currently in her third and final year of the dance MFA program at Temple University. Prior to moving to Philadelphia to pursue her graduate degree, Christina lived and worked in Chicago as an artist, performer, choreographer, and dance teacher for many years. Within that time, she danced with the Joel Hall Dancers, was a Danszloop Chicago ensemble member, and worked extensively with dance master Paul Sanasardo. Furthermore, she co-founded Fôr Dance Co. and has produced several full-length concerts. As an independent choreographer and self-produced artist, her work has been widely showcased on stages and site-specific locations nationally with a recent international debut in Gujarat, India. Christina holds a BA in sculpture and dance from Northeastern Illinois University and is a volunteer and advocate for Stand Tall International, a non-profit organization that provides life-saving spinal surgery for children in Tanzania.
Boyer College of Music and Dance present
Threads of Perception
March 24 & 25 at 3PM
The MAAS Building at 1325 N. Randolph Street, Philadelphia
FREE Admission. Donations accepted.
Photo credit: Brian Mengini
- World champion German breakdance troupe Flying Steps presents Flying Bach, Oct 28 - September 19, 2018
- Philly Sirens Dance Company Hosts 5th Year Anniversary Dance Competition, October 13th - September 18, 2018
- Homeworld, a performance installation for babies and their caregivers, Oct 5-14 - September 17, 2018
- 2018 Reflection:Response Commission presents Awilda Sterling Duprey’s Lacks Criticality, Sept 21 & 22 - September 15, 2018
- Leah Stein Dance Company – Ground Works, Sept 13-16 - September 5, 2018
- Tabla, Taiko, and Contemporary Dance meet at Swarthmore College, Oct 5 - September 5, 2018
- 3AM Theatre’s The Graveyard Slot, Sept 13-16 - September 3, 2018
- BalletX dancer Daniel Mayo joins Metropolitan Ballet Company Boys’ Scholarship Program - August 28, 2018
- WeftWorks Examines How Technology and Consumer Culture Affect Identity, Relationships, and the Environment - August 28, 2018
- Dara Meredith tackles the issue of mental illness with Beneath the Surface, Sept 14 & 15 - August 26, 2018