Christina Eltvedt, candidate for a Master of Fine Arts degree from Temple University, will present “Threads of Perception”, a dance installation performance on March 24th + 25th, 2018 at 3PM at The MAAS Building at 1325 N. Randolph Street in Philadelphia. Admission is free and donations will be accepted at the door.
Set in a surreal atmosphere of jumbled domesticity, “Threads of Perception”, explores the idiosyncrasy of perception and the complexity of human relationships. Tethered to their environment by ropes made of multiple strands of yarn, three figures explore their personal limits in relation to each other. As they cross paths and interact, they become increasingly more entangled.
The work will feature dancers Elizabeth June Bergman, Avi Wolf Borouchoff, and Christina Eltvedt. Set design by Emily Schuman and Alicia Crosby. Costumes by Julia Haines.
Christina Eltvedt is a multidisciplinary artist currently in her third and final year of the dance MFA program at Temple University. Prior to moving to Philadelphia to pursue her graduate degree, Christina lived and worked in Chicago as an artist, performer, choreographer, and dance teacher for many years. Within that time, she danced with the Joel Hall Dancers, was a Danszloop Chicago ensemble member, and worked extensively with dance master Paul Sanasardo. Furthermore, she co-founded Fôr Dance Co. and has produced several full-length concerts. As an independent choreographer and self-produced artist, her work has been widely showcased on stages and site-specific locations nationally with a recent international debut in Gujarat, India. Christina holds a BA in sculpture and dance from Northeastern Illinois University and is a volunteer and advocate for Stand Tall International, a non-profit organization that provides life-saving spinal surgery for children in Tanzania.
Boyer College of Music and Dance present
Threads of Perception
March 24 & 25 at 3PM
The MAAS Building at 1325 N. Randolph Street, Philadelphia
FREE Admission. Donations accepted.
Photo credit: Brian Mengini
- Nickerson-Rossi Dance presents Full Throttle, August 10 - June 11, 2018
- Three Aksha presents Sajeeva: A Unique and Innovative Bharatanatyam choreography, July 3 - June 11, 2018
- Group Motion Celebrates 50 Years in Philadelphia, June 30 - May 31, 2018
- Doggie Hamlet will herd audiences to the Belmont Plateau June 3 and 4 - May 30, 2018
- Bryan Koulman Spring Show, June 7-9 - May 24, 2018
- School of Pennsylvania Ballet Welcomes James K. Payne as New Director - May 23, 2018
- RealLivePeople Presents returns for 4th year with works by Ohio, Pennsylvania, and California-based dance artists, June 1-2 - May 22, 2018
- BalletX Summer Series 2018 Features Three World Premieres by Penny Saunders, Matthew Neenan, and Andrew McNicol, July 11-22 - May 22, 2018
- Ambiguous Dance Company explores individual rhythm and freedom of expression in My Organ My Seoul, June 3 - May 21, 2018
- Switzerland’s Asphalt Piloten brings hybrid performance art tour Tape Riot to Philadelphia, June 5-8 - May 21, 2018