Christina Eltvedt, candidate for a Master of Fine Arts degree from Temple University, will present “Threads of Perception”, a dance installation performance on March 24th + 25th, 2018 at 3PM at The MAAS Building at 1325 N. Randolph Street in Philadelphia. Admission is free and donations will be accepted at the door.
Set in a surreal atmosphere of jumbled domesticity, “Threads of Perception”, explores the idiosyncrasy of perception and the complexity of human relationships. Tethered to their environment by ropes made of multiple strands of yarn, three figures explore their personal limits in relation to each other. As they cross paths and interact, they become increasingly more entangled.
The work will feature dancers Elizabeth June Bergman, Avi Wolf Borouchoff, and Christina Eltvedt. Set design by Emily Schuman and Alicia Crosby. Costumes by Julia Haines.
Christina Eltvedt is a multidisciplinary artist currently in her third and final year of the dance MFA program at Temple University. Prior to moving to Philadelphia to pursue her graduate degree, Christina lived and worked in Chicago as an artist, performer, choreographer, and dance teacher for many years. Within that time, she danced with the Joel Hall Dancers, was a Danszloop Chicago ensemble member, and worked extensively with dance master Paul Sanasardo. Furthermore, she co-founded Fôr Dance Co. and has produced several full-length concerts. As an independent choreographer and self-produced artist, her work has been widely showcased on stages and site-specific locations nationally with a recent international debut in Gujarat, India. Christina holds a BA in sculpture and dance from Northeastern Illinois University and is a volunteer and advocate for Stand Tall International, a non-profit organization that provides life-saving spinal surgery for children in Tanzania.
Boyer College of Music and Dance present
Threads of Perception
March 24 & 25 at 3PM
The MAAS Building at 1325 N. Randolph Street, Philadelphia
FREE Admission. Donations accepted.
Photo credit: Brian Mengini
- Fleisher Art Memorial presents HERstory: A collaboration of dance, theater, poetry, music and film, March 30th - March 18, 2018
- I’m A Dancer Screening Coming to Philadelphia, March 29 - March 17, 2018
- Pennsylvania Ballet Concludes the 2017-2018 Season with Two Spring Programs - March 14, 2018
- The Lehigh Valley Dance Exchange SpringUP Dance Festival, April 7-8 - March 12, 2018
- Project Moshen – Woman, April 13-15 - March 8, 2018
- Christina Eltvedt’s Dance Installation Performance at the MAAS, March 24 & 25 - March 6, 2018
- Tangle Movement Arts presents Elements of Friction, March 23-24 - March 5, 2018
- Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show, March 10 - February 27, 2018
- Jérôme Bel’s Gala returns for one night only, March 9th - February 24, 2018
- Leah Stein Dance Company announces Studio Works performance series - February 21, 2018