After the success of their first collaboration, renowned Philly burlesque producer HoneyTree EvilEye and the award-winning fitness company Philly Dance Fitness are proud to present the second of their Broadway-themed production featuring burlesque, drag, live singing and more at Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show!
The March 10th show, taking place at Ruba Club in Northern Liberties, will combine exciting choreographed group dance numbers by Philly Dance Fitness students and staff, as well as original pieces created by local burlesque and drag stars. Performers are taking inspiration from Broadway shows ranging from Rent and Guys & Dolls to Little Shop of Horrors and Aida.
“It’s a diverse combination of seasoned professional performers and dancers who are new to the stage-and everyone has an absolute blast,” says co-producer HoneyTree EvilEye, “There’s absolutely something for every possible taste.”
This edition of Take it Off Broadway’s cast includes award winning drag queen and professional dancer Maria Topcatt, a duet between burlesque darlings Bugalu Boogie and Renaissance Noir, an exciting piece by prop queen Lulu Blue, as well as acts by producers Fiona Firebomb and HoneyTree EvilEye.
Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show
HoneyTree EvilEye and Philly Dance Fitness
Saturday March 10, Doors at 8, show at 9
Ruba Club, 416 Green Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Tickets: $15 until the week before, $20 after that. Online at http://bit.ly/2HLW6FY
- World champion German breakdance troupe Flying Steps presents Flying Bach, Oct 28 - September 19, 2018
- Philly Sirens Dance Company Hosts 5th Year Anniversary Dance Competition, October 13th - September 18, 2018
- Homeworld, a performance installation for babies and their caregivers, Oct 5-14 - September 17, 2018
- 2018 Reflection:Response Commission presents Awilda Sterling Duprey’s Lacks Criticality, Sept 21 & 22 - September 15, 2018
- Leah Stein Dance Company – Ground Works, Sept 13-16 - September 5, 2018
- Tabla, Taiko, and Contemporary Dance meet at Swarthmore College, Oct 5 - September 5, 2018
- 3AM Theatre’s The Graveyard Slot, Sept 13-16 - September 3, 2018
- BalletX dancer Daniel Mayo joins Metropolitan Ballet Company Boys’ Scholarship Program - August 28, 2018
- WeftWorks Examines How Technology and Consumer Culture Affect Identity, Relationships, and the Environment - August 28, 2018
- Dara Meredith tackles the issue of mental illness with Beneath the Surface, Sept 14 & 15 - August 26, 2018