After the success of their first collaboration, renowned Philly burlesque producer HoneyTree EvilEye and the award-winning fitness company Philly Dance Fitness are proud to present the second of their Broadway-themed production featuring burlesque, drag, live singing and more at Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show!
The March 10th show, taking place at Ruba Club in Northern Liberties, will combine exciting choreographed group dance numbers by Philly Dance Fitness students and staff, as well as original pieces created by local burlesque and drag stars. Performers are taking inspiration from Broadway shows ranging from Rent and Guys & Dolls to Little Shop of Horrors and Aida.
“It’s a diverse combination of seasoned professional performers and dancers who are new to the stage-and everyone has an absolute blast,” says co-producer HoneyTree EvilEye, “There’s absolutely something for every possible taste.”
This edition of Take it Off Broadway’s cast includes award winning drag queen and professional dancer Maria Topcatt, a duet between burlesque darlings Bugalu Boogie and Renaissance Noir, an exciting piece by prop queen Lulu Blue, as well as acts by producers Fiona Firebomb and HoneyTree EvilEye.
Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show
HoneyTree EvilEye and Philly Dance Fitness
Saturday March 10, Doors at 8, show at 9
Ruba Club, 416 Green Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Tickets: $15 until the week before, $20 after that. Online at http://bit.ly/2HLW6FY
- REALMS: A Soul Opera at Philadelphia Museum of Art - July 22, 2019
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019