After the success of their first collaboration, renowned Philly burlesque producer HoneyTree EvilEye and the award-winning fitness company Philly Dance Fitness are proud to present the second of their Broadway-themed production featuring burlesque, drag, live singing and more at Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show!
The March 10th show, taking place at Ruba Club in Northern Liberties, will combine exciting choreographed group dance numbers by Philly Dance Fitness students and staff, as well as original pieces created by local burlesque and drag stars. Performers are taking inspiration from Broadway shows ranging from Rent and Guys & Dolls to Little Shop of Horrors and Aida.
“It’s a diverse combination of seasoned professional performers and dancers who are new to the stage-and everyone has an absolute blast,” says co-producer HoneyTree EvilEye, “There’s absolutely something for every possible taste.”
This edition of Take it Off Broadway’s cast includes award winning drag queen and professional dancer Maria Topcatt, a duet between burlesque darlings Bugalu Boogie and Renaissance Noir, an exciting piece by prop queen Lulu Blue, as well as acts by producers Fiona Firebomb and HoneyTree EvilEye.
Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show
HoneyTree EvilEye and Philly Dance Fitness
Saturday March 10, Doors at 8, show at 9
Ruba Club, 416 Green Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Tickets: $15 until the week before, $20 after that. Online at http://bit.ly/2HLW6FY
- The Annenberg Center Presents PHILADANCO’s Xmas Philes, Dec. 12-14 - December 5, 2019
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® Returns to Pennsylvania Ballet, Dec 6-31 - November 27, 2019
- BalletX Presents Fall Series 2019, Dec 4-15 - November 27, 2019
- Philly Kerplop, a supercrew of all styles dancers and musicians, presents Blaow! Cosmos? - November 16, 2019
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Establishes Residence On Broad Street With The Tapcracker, Dec 14-15 - November 14, 2019
- Lightbox Film Center Celebrates Legacy of Ed Emshwiller in First-of-its-Kind Retrospective Exhibit - November 11, 2019
- Project Moshen Tackles Ovarian Cancer with Excerpts - October 29, 2019
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2019 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations - October 21, 2019
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019