After the success of their first collaboration, renowned Philly burlesque producer HoneyTree EvilEye and the award-winning fitness company Philly Dance Fitness are proud to present the second of their Broadway-themed production featuring burlesque, drag, live singing and more at Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show!
The March 10th show, taking place at Ruba Club in Northern Liberties, will combine exciting choreographed group dance numbers by Philly Dance Fitness students and staff, as well as original pieces created by local burlesque and drag stars. Performers are taking inspiration from Broadway shows ranging from Rent and Guys & Dolls to Little Shop of Horrors and Aida.
“It’s a diverse combination of seasoned professional performers and dancers who are new to the stage-and everyone has an absolute blast,” says co-producer HoneyTree EvilEye, “There’s absolutely something for every possible taste.”
This edition of Take it Off Broadway’s cast includes award winning drag queen and professional dancer Maria Topcatt, a duet between burlesque darlings Bugalu Boogie and Renaissance Noir, an exciting piece by prop queen Lulu Blue, as well as acts by producers Fiona Firebomb and HoneyTree EvilEye.
Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show
HoneyTree EvilEye and Philly Dance Fitness
Saturday March 10, Doors at 8, show at 9
Ruba Club, 416 Green Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Tickets: $15 until the week before, $20 after that. Online at http://bit.ly/2HLW6FY
- Nickerson-Rossi Dance presents Full Throttle, August 10 - June 11, 2018
- Three Aksha presents Sajeeva: A Unique and Innovative Bharatanatyam choreography, July 3 - June 11, 2018
- Group Motion Celebrates 50 Years in Philadelphia, June 30 - May 31, 2018
- Doggie Hamlet will herd audiences to the Belmont Plateau June 3 and 4 - May 30, 2018
- Bryan Koulman Spring Show, June 7-9 - May 24, 2018
- School of Pennsylvania Ballet Welcomes James K. Payne as New Director - May 23, 2018
- RealLivePeople Presents returns for 4th year with works by Ohio, Pennsylvania, and California-based dance artists, June 1-2 - May 22, 2018
- BalletX Summer Series 2018 Features Three World Premieres by Penny Saunders, Matthew Neenan, and Andrew McNicol, July 11-22 - May 22, 2018
- Ambiguous Dance Company explores individual rhythm and freedom of expression in My Organ My Seoul, June 3 - May 21, 2018
- Switzerland’s Asphalt Piloten brings hybrid performance art tour Tape Riot to Philadelphia, June 5-8 - May 21, 2018