After the success of their first collaboration, renowned Philly burlesque producer HoneyTree EvilEye and the award-winning fitness company Philly Dance Fitness are proud to present the second of their Broadway-themed production featuring burlesque, drag, live singing and more at Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show!
The March 10th show, taking place at Ruba Club in Northern Liberties, will combine exciting choreographed group dance numbers by Philly Dance Fitness students and staff, as well as original pieces created by local burlesque and drag stars. Performers are taking inspiration from Broadway shows ranging from Rent and Guys & Dolls to Little Shop of Horrors and Aida.
“It’s a diverse combination of seasoned professional performers and dancers who are new to the stage-and everyone has an absolute blast,” says co-producer HoneyTree EvilEye, “There’s absolutely something for every possible taste.”
This edition of Take it Off Broadway’s cast includes award winning drag queen and professional dancer Maria Topcatt, a duet between burlesque darlings Bugalu Boogie and Renaissance Noir, an exciting piece by prop queen Lulu Blue, as well as acts by producers Fiona Firebomb and HoneyTree EvilEye.
Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show
HoneyTree EvilEye and Philly Dance Fitness
Saturday March 10, Doors at 8, show at 9
Ruba Club, 416 Green Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Tickets: $15 until the week before, $20 after that. Online at http://bit.ly/2HLW6FY
- Fleisher Art Memorial presents HERstory: A collaboration of dance, theater, poetry, music and film, March 30th - March 18, 2018
- I’m A Dancer Screening Coming to Philadelphia, March 29 - March 17, 2018
- Pennsylvania Ballet Concludes the 2017-2018 Season with Two Spring Programs - March 14, 2018
- The Lehigh Valley Dance Exchange SpringUP Dance Festival, April 7-8 - March 12, 2018
- Project Moshen – Woman, April 13-15 - March 8, 2018
- Christina Eltvedt’s Dance Installation Performance at the MAAS, March 24 & 25 - March 6, 2018
- Tangle Movement Arts presents Elements of Friction, March 23-24 - March 5, 2018
- Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show, March 10 - February 27, 2018
- Jérôme Bel’s Gala returns for one night only, March 9th - February 24, 2018
- Leah Stein Dance Company announces Studio Works performance series - February 21, 2018