After the success of their first collaboration, renowned Philly burlesque producer HoneyTree EvilEye and the award-winning fitness company Philly Dance Fitness are proud to present the second of their Broadway-themed production featuring burlesque, drag, live singing and more at Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show!
The March 10th show, taking place at Ruba Club in Northern Liberties, will combine exciting choreographed group dance numbers by Philly Dance Fitness students and staff, as well as original pieces created by local burlesque and drag stars. Performers are taking inspiration from Broadway shows ranging from Rent and Guys & Dolls to Little Shop of Horrors and Aida.
“It’s a diverse combination of seasoned professional performers and dancers who are new to the stage-and everyone has an absolute blast,” says co-producer HoneyTree EvilEye, “There’s absolutely something for every possible taste.”
This edition of Take it Off Broadway’s cast includes award winning drag queen and professional dancer Maria Topcatt, a duet between burlesque darlings Bugalu Boogie and Renaissance Noir, an exciting piece by prop queen Lulu Blue, as well as acts by producers Fiona Firebomb and HoneyTree EvilEye.
Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show
HoneyTree EvilEye and Philly Dance Fitness
Saturday March 10, Doors at 8, show at 9
Ruba Club, 416 Green Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Tickets: $15 until the week before, $20 after that. Online at http://bit.ly/2HLW6FY
- Polish Dance Artists Residency at Mascher Dance - November 29, 2018
- Annenberg Center Live Presents the Philadelphia Debut of Caleb Teicher & Company, Dec 14-15 - November 27, 2018
- Bryn Mawr College Performing Arts Series Presents Abby Z and the New Utility, Dec 7-8 - November 25, 2018
- Final Bow for Jessica Lang Dance at Annenberg Center Live, Nov 30-Dec 1 - November 19, 2018
- Kulu Mele African Dance & Drum Ensemble premieres Journey, Dec 1 - November 16, 2018
- The Lady Hoofers Kick Off the Holiday Season with The Tapcracker, Dec 8 - November 5, 2018
- Pennsylvania Ballet Celebrates 50 Years of Performing The Nutcracker - November 2, 2018
- Pennsylvania Ballet Petite Mort, Nov 8-11 - October 31, 2018
- SHARP Dance Company presents FAÇADE, November 2-4 - October 17, 2018
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers Fall Season Highlights New Works, Nov 9-10 - October 16, 2018