On February 20 and 21, 2018, over two hundred 3rd and 4th grade students from three Philadelphia schools will participate in the culminating dance performances of BalletX’s annual Dance eXchange program at the Prince Theater in Center City, Philadelphia. Students from Chester A. Arthur School and Bache-Martin School will perform on Feb. 20, 6:30-7:30pm, and students from Albert M. Greenfield School will perform on Feb. 21, 6:30-7:30pm. Dance eXchange performances are free and open to the public. Please RSVP at: http://balletx.org/education/dance-exchange/
Dance eXchange, a program developed by BalletX, offers in-classroom dance instruction to students of the School District of Philadelphia, based on the pedagogy of National Dance Institute and inspired by the artistry of BalletX. The program runs annually October-February.
NDI’s training provides dance educators with a unique skill set to teach students the fundamentals of dance and performance by integrating a curricular theme, and concluding each program with a final performance. Students also hone their critical and creative thinking skills as their dance techniques develop.
The curricular theme of 2017-18’s Dance eXchange program and final performance is the Seasons, based on BalletX’s Beautiful Decay, a full-length ballet by choreographer Nicolo Fonte, featuring Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. BalletX performed Beautiful Decay for the company’s Fall Series 2017, Nov. 29-Dec. 10 at The Wilma Theater. As part of the Dance eXchange curriculum, BalletX performed a free matinee performance of Beautiful Decay for participating students at The Wilma Theater on December 1.
Dance eXchange is generously funded by the William Penn Foundation, Zeldin Family Foundation, Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation, Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial, Berkowitz Family Foundation, and PECO, lead corporate sponsor. It was founded with generous support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Leo Model Foundation, Samuel S. Fels Fund, and Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation, among others.
BalletX and Dance eXchange
February 20 and 21, 2018 (both performances run 6:30-7:30 pm)
Prince Theater, 1412 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
FREE. RSVP at http://balletx.org/education/dance-exchange/
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020
- Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies with Gabrielle Revlock - April 14, 2020
- The Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble Spreads Joy Remotely During Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- ARTIST HOUSE / Asya Zlatina + Dancers present CARRY ON, Virtually April 2 at 12:30 pm - March 23, 2020
- Jeanine Durning Teaches two workshops in Philadelphia – POSTPONED - March 10, 2020
- Bill T. Jones, Deep Blue Sea is coming to the Mann, May 8-9 - March 2, 2020
- Philadelphia Dance Projects Presents A Provocative Evening of Screendance and Live Dance – POSTPONED - February 28, 2020
- Metropolitan Ballet’s 2020 Variations/Collaborations, POSTPONED - February 26, 2020