On February 20 and 21, 2018, over two hundred 3rd and 4th grade students from three Philadelphia schools will participate in the culminating dance performances of BalletX’s annual Dance eXchange program at the Prince Theater in Center City, Philadelphia. Students from Chester A. Arthur School and Bache-Martin School will perform on Feb. 20, 6:30-7:30pm, and students from Albert M. Greenfield School will perform on Feb. 21, 6:30-7:30pm. Dance eXchange performances are free and open to the public. Please RSVP at: http://balletx.org/education/dance-exchange/
Dance eXchange, a program developed by BalletX, offers in-classroom dance instruction to students of the School District of Philadelphia, based on the pedagogy of National Dance Institute and inspired by the artistry of BalletX. The program runs annually October-February.
NDI’s training provides dance educators with a unique skill set to teach students the fundamentals of dance and performance by integrating a curricular theme, and concluding each program with a final performance. Students also hone their critical and creative thinking skills as their dance techniques develop.
The curricular theme of 2017-18’s Dance eXchange program and final performance is the Seasons, based on BalletX’s Beautiful Decay, a full-length ballet by choreographer Nicolo Fonte, featuring Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. BalletX performed Beautiful Decay for the company’s Fall Series 2017, Nov. 29-Dec. 10 at The Wilma Theater. As part of the Dance eXchange curriculum, BalletX performed a free matinee performance of Beautiful Decay for participating students at The Wilma Theater on December 1.
Dance eXchange is generously funded by the William Penn Foundation, Zeldin Family Foundation, Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation, Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial, Berkowitz Family Foundation, and PECO, lead corporate sponsor. It was founded with generous support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Leo Model Foundation, Samuel S. Fels Fund, and Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation, among others.
BalletX and Dance eXchange
February 20 and 21, 2018 (both performances run 6:30-7:30 pm)
Prince Theater, 1412 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
FREE. RSVP at http://balletx.org/education/dance-exchange/
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020