On February 20 and 21, 2018, over two hundred 3rd and 4th grade students from three Philadelphia schools will participate in the culminating dance performances of BalletX’s annual Dance eXchange program at the Prince Theater in Center City, Philadelphia. Students from Chester A. Arthur School and Bache-Martin School will perform on Feb. 20, 6:30-7:30pm, and students from Albert M. Greenfield School will perform on Feb. 21, 6:30-7:30pm. Dance eXchange performances are free and open to the public. Please RSVP at: http://balletx.org/education/dance-exchange/
Dance eXchange, a program developed by BalletX, offers in-classroom dance instruction to students of the School District of Philadelphia, based on the pedagogy of National Dance Institute and inspired by the artistry of BalletX. The program runs annually October-February.
NDI’s training provides dance educators with a unique skill set to teach students the fundamentals of dance and performance by integrating a curricular theme, and concluding each program with a final performance. Students also hone their critical and creative thinking skills as their dance techniques develop.
The curricular theme of 2017-18’s Dance eXchange program and final performance is the Seasons, based on BalletX’s Beautiful Decay, a full-length ballet by choreographer Nicolo Fonte, featuring Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. BalletX performed Beautiful Decay for the company’s Fall Series 2017, Nov. 29-Dec. 10 at The Wilma Theater. As part of the Dance eXchange curriculum, BalletX performed a free matinee performance of Beautiful Decay for participating students at The Wilma Theater on December 1.
Dance eXchange is generously funded by the William Penn Foundation, Zeldin Family Foundation, Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation, Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial, Berkowitz Family Foundation, and PECO, lead corporate sponsor. It was founded with generous support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Leo Model Foundation, Samuel S. Fels Fund, and Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation, among others.
BalletX and Dance eXchange
February 20 and 21, 2018 (both performances run 6:30-7:30 pm)
Prince Theater, 1412 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
FREE. RSVP at http://balletx.org/education/dance-exchange/
- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D) Announces Four New Dance Artists for the 2019/2020 season - October 11, 2019
- SUPPER, People on the Move! performed by the Cardell Dance Theater comes to Drexel, Nov 8-10 - October 9, 2019
- Koresh 6th Annual Come Together Dance Festival, November 20-24 - October 9, 2019
- Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical Revue, Nov 14 - October 7, 2019
- SHARP Dance Company takes A Trip Back to the Original Woodstock with their home season revival of Aquarian Exposition, Nov 1-3 - October 7, 2019
- The Annenberg Center Presents Stars of American Ballet, Oct 18-19 - October 4, 2019
- Patawili creates a space for Filipino Philadelphians through dance, Oct 18 & 20 - October 4, 2019
- Get What You Need – a new city wide performance support platform for dance - October 3, 2019
- American Repertory Ballet names Ian Hussey as new Ballet Master - September 30, 2019
- Facing East presents its third year of collaboration with Riyaaz, Oct 11-12 - September 25, 2019