International tango superstar German Cornejo and his world-renowned dance troupe, The Tango Fire Company of Buenos Aires, will return to the Merriam Theater in Tango Fire on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. A global phenomenon and the world’s leading tango company, Tango Fire has perfected the dynamic art of the tango, creating superb performances that sizzle with sensuality and unforgettable music. This exhilarating show combines the rawness and sophistication with the seductive and sultry side of tango and evokes the intoxicating passion of late night Buenos Aires.
“German Cornejo reveals the mesmerizing and intimate side of tango through the sumptuous precision of the Tango Fire company,” said Anne Ewers President and CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “We look forward to hosting this captivating and culturally-expansive experience in Philadelphia.”
Choreographer and tango star, German Cornejo, will be joined by his sensuous and passionate partner Gisela Galeassi. A phenomenal cast will join them, featuring World Tango Champions and dancing greats from tango houses in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The performance will feature songs of the great tango masters including Piazzolla, Pugliese, and Gardel.
Conceived in 2005, Tango Fire premiered in Singapore followed by a performance at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival where they received critical acclaim. Following the Fringe Festival, the company rose to stardom and continued touring extensively, selling out some of the most prestigious venues around the world and attracting a YouTube audience of more than 20 million people. Truly unique in the world of tango, the troupe allows individual couples to choreograph their own solos with German Cornejo refining the steps, permitting a creative freedom that showcases individual styles and truly makes Tango Fire a matchless vision in the world of tango.
January 31, 2018, 8:00 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $39.00.
Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at kimmelcenter.org, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office.
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020
- BalletX Says Farewell to Longtime Company Member Caili Quan – Welcomes Two New Dancers Savannah Green and Ashley Simpson - May 14, 2020