On Saturday, December 16 at 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm, Ballet 180 presents Nutcracker Sweets, a fun and fresh take on the classic story that combines live dance with delicious desserts for audience members to enjoy. The show will take place at Rosemont College’s Rotwitt Theater of the McShain Performing Arts Center.
Featuring professional dancers and students from Ballet 180’s affiliated school, this entertaining take on the Nutcracker’s Land of Sweets is sure to delight fans of all ages as dreamy dancing delights come to life to the familiar sounds of the Nutcracker in a swinging, big band style performance. In the usual contemporary style of Ballet 180, the show blends a wide variety of dance into an entertaining mix of everything from classical ballet to tap dancing soldiers and hip hopping tea dancers.
Audience members are encouraged to arrive a half-hour before the show for story time and photos with the Sugarplum Fairy. Tickets are available online (https://www.tututix.com/client/ballet180) at or at the door for an additional $5 per ticket. $35 for VIP (front section), $25 for VIP Student, $20 VIP Child, $25 for general admission, $20 for students (with current ID) and seniors, and $15 for children (12 and under).
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020
- Roni Koresh short film series: HIDE YOUR FACE/UNMASK YOUR HEART, June 12-14 - June 12, 2020
- BalletX to Premiere Four Short Dance Films by Choreographers Hope Boykin, Rena Butler, Caili Quan, and Penny Saunders, June 14 - June 12, 2020
- Movers and Makers: Philadanco Turns 50, June 18 - June 10, 2020
- BalletX Spring and Summer Series 2020 Canceled - May 27, 2020
- Ballet, movement, imagination, and more with ZoomDance - May 18, 2020