On Saturday, December 16 at 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm, Ballet 180 presents Nutcracker Sweets, a fun and fresh take on the classic story that combines live dance with delicious desserts for audience members to enjoy. The show will take place at Rosemont College’s Rotwitt Theater of the McShain Performing Arts Center.
Featuring professional dancers and students from Ballet 180’s affiliated school, this entertaining take on the Nutcracker’s Land of Sweets is sure to delight fans of all ages as dreamy dancing delights come to life to the familiar sounds of the Nutcracker in a swinging, big band style performance. In the usual contemporary style of Ballet 180, the show blends a wide variety of dance into an entertaining mix of everything from classical ballet to tap dancing soldiers and hip hopping tea dancers.
Audience members are encouraged to arrive a half-hour before the show for story time and photos with the Sugarplum Fairy. Tickets are available online (https://www.tututix.com/client/ballet180) at or at the door for an additional $5 per ticket. $35 for VIP (front section), $25 for VIP Student, $20 VIP Child, $25 for general admission, $20 for students (with current ID) and seniors, and $15 for children (12 and under).
- Fleisher Art Memorial presents HERstory: A collaboration of dance, theater, poetry, music and film, March 30th - March 18, 2018
- I’m A Dancer Screening Coming to Philadelphia, March 29 - March 17, 2018
- Pennsylvania Ballet Concludes the 2017-2018 Season with Two Spring Programs - March 14, 2018
- The Lehigh Valley Dance Exchange SpringUP Dance Festival, April 7-8 - March 12, 2018
- Project Moshen – Woman, April 13-15 - March 8, 2018
- Christina Eltvedt’s Dance Installation Performance at the MAAS, March 24 & 25 - March 6, 2018
- Tangle Movement Arts presents Elements of Friction, March 23-24 - March 5, 2018
- Take It Off Broadway: Burlesque Variety Show, March 10 - February 27, 2018
- Jérôme Bel’s Gala returns for one night only, March 9th - February 24, 2018
- Leah Stein Dance Company announces Studio Works performance series - February 21, 2018