On Saturday, December 16 at 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm, Ballet 180 presents Nutcracker Sweets, a fun and fresh take on the classic story that combines live dance with delicious desserts for audience members to enjoy. The show will take place at Rosemont College’s Rotwitt Theater of the McShain Performing Arts Center.
Featuring professional dancers and students from Ballet 180’s affiliated school, this entertaining take on the Nutcracker’s Land of Sweets is sure to delight fans of all ages as dreamy dancing delights come to life to the familiar sounds of the Nutcracker in a swinging, big band style performance. In the usual contemporary style of Ballet 180, the show blends a wide variety of dance into an entertaining mix of everything from classical ballet to tap dancing soldiers and hip hopping tea dancers.
Audience members are encouraged to arrive a half-hour before the show for story time and photos with the Sugarplum Fairy. Tickets are available online (https://www.tututix.com/client/ballet180) at or at the door for an additional $5 per ticket. $35 for VIP (front section), $25 for VIP Student, $20 VIP Child, $25 for general admission, $20 for students (with current ID) and seniors, and $15 for children (12 and under).
- Après moi, l’obscurité by Paige Phillips, Jan 26-27 - December 12, 2017
- SHARE at The Iron Factory, Dec 9 - December 4, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®, Dec 8-31 - November 21, 2017
- Ballet 180 Presents Nutcracker Sweets, Dec 16th - November 21, 2017
- Donetsk Ballet celebrates 20 years of Nutcracker in Philadelphia, Dec 16-17 - November 21, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Trustees Appoint Shelly Power as Executive Director - November 21, 2017
- STOMP, the international percussion sensation returns to the Kimmel Center, Dec. 26-31 - November 19, 2017
- Megan Flynn Dance Company presents A Piece of This Place: A Pop-Up Performance on Dec 9th - November 18, 2017
- Miguel Gutierrez’s DEEP AEROBICS, Dec 2nd - November 17, 2017
- Project Moshen Dance Company’s EXCERPTS to benefit Morris Animal Refuge, Dec 2 - November 17, 2017