On Saturday, December 16 at 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm, Ballet 180 presents Nutcracker Sweets, a fun and fresh take on the classic story that combines live dance with delicious desserts for audience members to enjoy. The show will take place at Rosemont College’s Rotwitt Theater of the McShain Performing Arts Center.
Featuring professional dancers and students from Ballet 180’s affiliated school, this entertaining take on the Nutcracker’s Land of Sweets is sure to delight fans of all ages as dreamy dancing delights come to life to the familiar sounds of the Nutcracker in a swinging, big band style performance. In the usual contemporary style of Ballet 180, the show blends a wide variety of dance into an entertaining mix of everything from classical ballet to tap dancing soldiers and hip hopping tea dancers.
Audience members are encouraged to arrive a half-hour before the show for story time and photos with the Sugarplum Fairy. Tickets are available online (https://www.tututix.com/client/ballet180) at or at the door for an additional $5 per ticket. $35 for VIP (front section), $25 for VIP Student, $20 VIP Child, $25 for general admission, $20 for students (with current ID) and seniors, and $15 for children (12 and under).
- Yvonne Rainer’s Lives of Performers + Trio A with Introduction by Philadelphia Dance Projects’ Terry Fox - July 14, 2019
- Big Teeth Performance Collective’s Ordinary Creatures, July 19 - June 30, 2019
- 2019 Fringe Festival Curated Programming for Dance - June 13, 2019
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre presents The Return of xoxo moongirl June 14-23 - June 6, 2019
- BalletX’s First-Ever Block Party - May 28, 2019
- Philadanco’s 50 Year Legacy - May 28, 2019
- BalletX Announces 2019-20 Season – 8 World Premieres - May 23, 2019
- Works choreographed by Bryan Koulman, featuring dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet, June 6-8 - May 8, 2019
- BalletX Presents Summer Series 2019 featuring The Little Prince by choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa - May 7, 2019
- Philadelphia hip-hop legend Rennie Harris’ new work Funkedified, June 7-8 - May 7, 2019