BalletX, Philadelphia’s premier contemporary ballet company, is excited to announce the groundbreaking of its new Center for World Premiere Choreography (CWPC) at 1923 Washington Avenue in Philadelphia, PA. The new center represents the beginning of the company’s next chapter in building stronger communities through dance.
BalletX’s new home will be a vibrant dance space that will focus on the creation of new work for the company, opportunities for Dance eXchange students to continue learning, pre-professional intensives, and workshops for the community. The Center is part of the company’s initiative to enhance civic life through a dedicated space that supports the work of dance artists. BalletX, known for transformative world premiere choreography and dance performances, looks forward to taking a leadership role on Washington Avenue as a new neighborhood center, and bridge to the cultural corridor on Broad Street’s Avenue of the Arts.
The ceremonial event on November 14th will feature Councilman Kenyatta Johnson who represents Philadelphia’s 2nd district and Ms. Kelly Lee of Creative Philadelphia. Teena Ferroni, President of BalletX’s Board of Directors, and Christine Cox, BalletX Artistic and Executive Director will also speak.
- BalletX Goes Virtual with BalletX Beyond for Its 15th Anniversary Season - July 28, 2020
- Coming to FringeArts – Pasion y Arte’s Sevillana Get Togethers 2020, Sept 17 – Oct 4 - July 28, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Philadelphia Fringe Festival Artist Lineup, Sep 10 – Oct 4 - July 24, 2020
- BalletX Celebrates Caili Quan, July 22 - July 14, 2020
- Poético Dance Collective transforms works in progress into virtual showcase - July 13, 2020
- Christina Castro-Tauser named executive director of International Ballet Exchange - July 7, 2020
- Koresh Continues Its Weekend Streaming Performance Series June 26-July 13 - June 23, 2020
- Fidget Participates in Inaugural Residency with Under Construction Arts - June 19, 2020
- BalletX Welcomes New Dance Fellow Shawn Cusseaux - June 17, 2020
- The Performance Garage Announces The 2020/21 DanceVisions’ Resident Artist, Joe González - June 15, 2020